• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
923 is from the 224 Eng. OR ARNG. There is another 923 here in town that is 4 numbers off mine. Recently spotted a 923A2 off Bishop Rd. in Chehalis. It is desert tan too. Have not seen anyone around it to stop and talk with.
The truck 4 numbers off from Pete's is ours. Pete has the E908X truck, and we have the E904X truck. If Pete's went over, then it's a good bet ours did, too. Interesting information, good find, Pete!

I think I've seen that truck off Bishop. Don't think I've seen anyone around it, either. There's a guy on the south side of Eureka Ave near 507 that has an old military Jeep and a pretty clean-looking deuce. I don't think he's a member here, and there's never been anybody around when I've gone by there, so I haven't talked to anyone about them.

Are we doing the Borst Park/parade again this year?

Amer-team

Yes we are doing Borst Park. Please take a look at the upcoming events for particulars. 0800 at the Park for breakfast, then display, then lunch, and then parade. P

Tototex

New guy here! I'm over in Newport, WA. Seems to be a lot less members over here. I just picked up an M51A2 Dump. I am certainly no mechanic and am completely new to this hobby. I look forward to restoring this baby and figuring it out. I am a social bug and would love to talk or show it off to anyone and of course, will be needing loads of help. I know some locals and some SS members have been helping me immensely so far.

Look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys and attending some events.

Amer-team

Welcome to the crew. Looks like you are a bit out of the way up there in Newport. We are having some vehicles at the Puyallup Fairgrounds on Saturday starting at 0800, for a military appreciation day. You would be welcome to come over and hang out. Neat looking truck.

Tototex

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

My truck is still in rough condition. I am scared to drive it anywhere let alone a long trip.

Maybe someday :) For now I am learning to service and restore her so I wont be scared driving her to town.

jpz66

Hello PNW crew ! I'm Joe, located in Gig Harbor, WA. I will hopefully be picking up my M998 within the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to tinkering with and driving it and attending future events in the area. I've added myself to the member map, and as noted there, I have a good woodshop in addition to mechanical tools and skills, so if anyone ever needs assistance with wooden stays or troops seat replacement, gimmie a shout.

Cheers !

Joe

Amer-team

Welcome to the team. Hopefully we will see you soon, with some green iron.

I think the next thing where we can bring vehicles to play is 12 Sept. at Cablea's Lacey for Military Family appreciation day. There is an event at Ft. Stevens, outside Astoria OR on 14-16 August. MV's would be welcome there. There will be a special ceremony at 1300 on the 16th for Spirit of 45, commemorating the 70 anniversary of the end of WW2. Maybe we should also be commemorating the end of Vietnam, 40 years ago.

Joe, some of us will also be going to the Quilcene parade on 19 Sept., you might be able to tie in with us there. It is a short parade, we usually get lunch, display vehicles for a bit and then head home. Will see you around. Peter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks