• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Polaris MRZR-D4

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
DaveSC replied, but I'm not going to approve the combative post. But he does make a valid point. The pictures attached look to be a commercial publication by Polaris, not a DoD technical manual. If it has a actual TM, that's absolutely fine to post (as long as it's not restricted). But if that's from a commercially purchasable publication, we can't host that here.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DaveSC replied, but I'm not going to approve the combative post. But he does make a valid point. The pictures attached look to be a commercial publication by Polaris, not a DoD technical manual. If it has a actual TM, that's absolutely fine to post (as long as it's not restricted). But if that's from a commercially purchasable publication, we can't host that here.
It is a commercially publication with the "do not duplicate or intellectual reserved rights" that is why i did not answer yet to the previous posts about cooying and posting the whole book.
In my opinion, couple of pages as references or clarifications does not hurt, however i do not make the rules, if needs to be removed please advise and i will.

Guyfang

Staff member
The reason I wrote to Gcelevator to copy and post, was so we could see if the publication was a "do not duplicate or intellectual reserved rights". And if it was, we would not post it. The only way to know, is to look.

biscuitwhistler37

I'm sure they'll sell you whatever year you need, this is just what I found first, unless from 2017 on they're all the same, I don't know enough about them. Hope it helps

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Last edited:

Kdeen

I'm sure they'll sell you whatever year you need, this is just what I found first, unless from 2017 on they're all the same, I don't know enough about them. Hope it helps
Thanks for the link, got mine ordered this week. I spoke with Mike at Macgyver Solutions yesterday, he said Polaris' publishing dept probably had mistakenly marked the manual for sale to the public, if thats true lets hope they don't discover the mistake.

Kdeen

Finally finished servicing/repairing my rig, gonna take it out for a ride today. A few more bits of info that I can pass on, I found an air filter that fit by dimensions, the polaris part number on the old one is unavailable. Donaldson P822768 looked dead on, and I got the Napa version (6489) local, its an exact fit. Also, if anyone has problems with low power and black smoke, a likely culprit is the turbocharger wastegate valve sticking. Mine got stuck open and would not build boost, I checked everything else first, then was able to get it moving with some spray lube and by tapping it with a hammer. Plenty of power now, got it up to 55 on the blacktop.

Q Dude

No luck yet on Polaris selling MRZR parts. They are selling the 2017 MRZR Turbo Diesel service manual. Including updates to 2019. About $90.00 The earlier version (2012 I think is the gas motor) For now you need to find part numbers on the parts and search that way. Remember, Polaris probably makes no parts, they are all sourced out. Which is good for us because we can find parts using the part numbers. I got oil filters from Kohler. You have to use the engine serial number on their site. Get that repair manual, very useful. The item number on my invoice is 9927276.

Tips: The engine has glow plugs to heat the diesel fuel. Turn the key on one detent and wait for the glow plug light to go out before trying to start.
Then let it warm up for 10 minutes.
The repair manual shows the switch below the driver seat is the battery disconnect.

View attachment 916245

The Molle stock roof looks like crap so I added my own.
Let me know if you want details. (165.00)
I need to crop the bolt threads.
-Dave
US Army Veteran.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks