• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Police Dept. HMMWV

southdave

I had one all lined up for our Sheriffs Office, but the county commissioners shot it down. Their excuse: Nothing is free from Uncle Sam! I tried to explain the LESO program to "Larry, Curly, & Moe but they would't listen. Though they didn't have a problem when I obtained about $25,000 worth of Sony Toughbooks and brand new monitors and a ton of other free brand new items the Sheriff couldn't afford to buy because they had cut his budget. The plan for our HMMWV was for use only in snow storms and flooding or other off road use, not a daily driver. Trust me when I say Your local Sheriffs are suffering because of budget cuts and a lack of understanding by your county fathers. We even had one of our county commisioners state " Why does the county need deputies, all that is required by the Sheriff is to maintain a jail". I guess crimes don't happen in the country/rural areas, god help us all if that mentality spreads across the country. I guess he'll have to call ghost busters when someone breaks into his house.
You have to call ghost busters lol they all revenue generating on the side of the road .. lol but I have my 2nd admendment and am willing to take personal response ability for my own protection..

topgun217

I'm all for that and I back the second ammendment, but not every situation is the same....and lets face it, we do need law enforcement w/o them this country might be another 3rd. world country w/o all the nicities we have here in the USA.

My agency has three. We have used ours quite a bit in flooding and some search and rescue in wooded areas. Other agencies have called and asked for one to get in somewhere normal police vehicles can't get to. Also to haul stuff to the range facility. The top dog sent word down last week he wants me to procure two or three more.

The only cost we have had so far is fluids and a few small parts. All three of ours are in great shape. I saw some on the website today that were listed as condition code "B".....tempting but a little too far away since we have driven all of ours back to avoid fees to haul them.

Citizens have been real receptive one they learned that they are at no cost, other than maintenance.

I wish there was a way that these could be sold to the public....I'd buy one :) And I'm sure lots of others would too, preventing them from being destroyed.

Randy646

I had one all lined up for our Sheriffs Office, but the county commissioners shot it down. Their excuse: Nothing is free from Uncle Sam! I tried to explain the LESO program to "Larry, Curly, & Moe but they would't listen. Though they didn't have a problem when I obtained about $25,000 worth of Sony Toughbooks and brand new monitors and a ton of other free brand new items the Sheriff couldn't afford to buy because they had cut his budget. The plan for our HMMWV was for use only in snow storms and flooding or other off road use, not a daily driver. Trust me when I say Your local Sheriffs are suffering because of budget cuts and a lack of understanding by your county fathers. We even had one of our county commisioners state " Why does the county need deputies, all that is required by the Sheriff is to maintain a jail". I guess crimes don't happen in the country/rural areas, god help us all if that mentality spreads across the country. I guess he'll have to call ghost busters when someone breaks into his house.

Whew.... trust me I know the feeling. We got approval from the Mayor and a few board members to get ours. The cost has been real low but it will take months at the pace we are going to get it done right. Just got some LED headlights off of E-bay, they came out of my own pocket.

Randy646

I've been trying trying for two years to get our agency to get two of these. I get almost the same answer top gun does.
Right now a lot of level A and B humvees on DLA website, it's a good time to get one now. We got a F, scratched windows, rust and a few leaks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks