• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Political Messages on your MV

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to see this topic back on top.

As we all know there have been some interesting tidbits in the media of late regarding having the "right" to do something, but is it the "right" thing to do. You have the "right" to own an MV, but do you believe it is "right" to use it as your bandwagon. As an MV owner/operator you have to make a calculated decision on whether you want to represent yourself or a greater whole with your vehicle(s) in your respective communities. Remember it is ultimately your decision.

As you can see I decided to represent a greater whole. It's what I do. In the meanwhile it keeps the naysayers at bay.

Thanks guys for keeping this rather important topic alive.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OH gosh...gonna show my age again...BUT.... Just because ya CAN do something...doesn't mean you SHOULD....IMO

I know it's not an age issue...cause some of the young folks think the the same.
Freedom of speech? yep...it's yours...but did you earn it? Guess who did? Guess what they used to earn you the right?...MVs.

All I ask is that we all use good taste when posting stuff on Mvs.

TexAndy

OH gosh...gonna show my age again...BUT.... Just because ya CAN do something...doesn't mean you SHOULD....IMO

I know it's not an age issue...cause some of the young folks think the the same.
Freedom of speech? yep...it's yours...but did you earn it? Guess who did? Guess what they used to earn you the right?...MVs.

All I ask is that we all use good taste when posting stuff on Mvs.
I respectfully disagree.

Imo, rights cannot be earned on behalf of others. Rights are used and preserved... or lost. And only by those who are willing to lose or keep them.

I agree with using good taste. But that's a matter of opinion and taste. Not universal fact.

The fact of the matter is, if a man dare not exercise a right for fear of losing it, then he's already surrendered that right and exchanged it for a privilege.

Rights are used without fear of loss. Privileges are exercised with temerity.

If those of you who are afraid of doing anything to upset the apple cart and end the private possession (or at least government sale) of MVs would advocate never putting a political opinion on your vehicle, then how can you justify even driving them around in public? There's risk in everything we do with MVs. Shall we stop driving them in parades?

And what makes you think that anyone who would ban the possession, registration, or sale of MVs really cares what bumper sticker you put on it? Let's be realistic here; the people who would ban MVs want to ban MVs because they're MVs. No other reason. See the State of Wisconsin for example.

Imapapallama

its not that we dont want to use the freedom of speech, its we dont want to use it on the MVs. as alot of people on here have said "put it on your civvy daily driver, not on a deuce". what people do on their MVs represent the entire MV community because we are so far between. we just dont need another person out to take away our trucks.

oh texandy, they also want to take them away because they appently "ruin the image of pleasent neighborhoods and pollute more the a semi." people just dont like living near "some military crackpot". thats how it is.

kastein

oh texandy, they also want to take them away because they appently "ruin the image of pleasent neighborhoods and pollute more the a semi." people just dont like living near "some military crackpot". thats how it is.
Assuming my home purchase goes through, I think my neighbors will be fairly OK with it, except possibly the house directly downhill from the place. I saw several lifted vehicles within a block and a semi tractor or two, as well as a few obvious project vehicles.

I still have no intent of putting political stickers on it. It's getting slowly restored with minimal performance/reliability upgrades and added features, not turned into a huge billboard.

jpekarek

Here's another "opinion" of mine. Free speech is a wonderful thing. But like anything else, use the freedom wisely and don't abuse it and turn it into a bad thing. Don't hide behind the law and use "free speech" as a tool to just act like an A** everywhere you go. Every man is judged by the words he speaks, keep that in mind.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
its not that we dont want to use the freedom of speech, its we dont want to use it on the MVs. as alot of people on here have said "put it on your civvy daily driver, not on a deuce". what people do on their MVs represent the entire MV community because we are so far between. we just dont need another person out to take away our trucks.

I go through great lengths to insure I don't tick of the neighbors with my truck. I store off site and have to pay handsomely for it. I like to think my neighbors see me as the guy that has and still is serving for and protecting their rights to live in this pleasant neighborhood and not a "crackpot".

Imapapallama

I go through great lengths to insure I don't tick of the neighbors with my truck. I store off site and have to pay handsomely for it. I like to think my neighbors see me as the guy that has and still is serving for and protecting their rights to live in this pleasant neighborhood and not a "crackpot".
i try the same. i store my truck in a storage lot a mile from my house. and i wasnt calling anyone a "crackpot". if anyone here is, it might as well be me. but my point was, if we turn our trucks into billboards and shove the trucks in a neighbors face's, thats what they will think we are.

jaxsof

When we were wearing Green (many of us here have) Politics was NOT displayed, (nor were Public Displays of
Affection and other fun stuff). Our Vehicles STILL wear Green. Allow then the strength of not being drawn into any
political silliness, and to represent service to The United States of America, long may we stand! Whatever your political
views are, WE are all Americans, and when we are in trouble party affiliation be ****ed, we stand beside, not behind,
our brothers and sisters in uniform. This is one boat, and if we don't bale together, it isnt just the other guy who
gets to sink. Allow them, all of them who wear Green, the HONOR of staying out of politics.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i try the same. i store my truck in a storage lot a mile from my house. and i wasnt calling anyone a "crackpot". if anyone here is, it might as well be me. but my point was, if we turn our trucks into billboards and shove the trucks in a neighbors face's, thats what they will think we are.
Agreed.

AceHigh

I don't put any messages on my vehicles, MV or cars. BUT when the local Tea Party asked me to stop by with my truck, well, both the truck and me wanted to go! And it was a beautiful day here in southern WV.

The event was held at a drive in theater (yes, it still has movies every Fri Sat and Sun in the summer).

Got a lot of favorable comments on the truck being there. Plus I had fun! That counts for something,.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

CycleJay

Hi all,

After reading most of this thread, and done alot of thinking, I have decided to make a change, to my M1009.
At the Kennesaw show last month, some of you may have noticed my collection of stickers,
on my tailgate.
Well, in order to respect all of you, my MV, your advice, opinions, etc....

I decided to remove ALL of them this morning, They are all gone.
The only one that is actually left, is my NRA member window sticker on
the tailgate window.

But I may get one of those magnetic yellow ribbon "support our troops" stickers.
Next time I am at Wal-Mart or wherever I can find it, for the tail gate.

Just my $.02 cents..

Have a good day, and God bless all of you...

CJ

79stang

In the military, soldiers do not have the luxury of politics. So, Im not going to put any political messages on my MV, just support our troops/POW/etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks