• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

POLL: Are YOU a VOTER ? ? ?

Are YOU a Registered VOTER ? ? ?

• I am a REGISTERED VOTER and I intend to Vote in every election

Votes: 152 92.7%
  • I am a REGISTERED VOTER but WILL NOT be Voting in every election

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I am NOT a Registered Voter

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • I am not eligible to Vote

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This Thread is intended to be STRICTLY a Patriotic-Duty Survey.

PLEASE DO NOT jump on ANY polictial soapbox and jeopardize the thread's existance.

Simply answering the POLL without commentary will be completely acceptable.

Should you feel compelled to add commentary - Please keep it on topic and REALLY important enough for the rest of us to read.

Thank you for your participation in this survey.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting.... 30 minutes into the Survey, 4 responses and 100% are Voters.

NOTE: I have discovered that without adding comments, the Thread is not "renewed" on the current topic lists.... so.... post a little something after you've voted if you notice it's dropping lower on the list.

Thanks

KsM715

I vote! Those that can, should. Those that can but dont, loose the right to complain when things go the wrong way.

( I've already voted this go-round as well )

GoldComet6

Yes - I always vote in the general election, primary, and any runoffs. I vote early also.

When I was little, my dad took me with him - so that's how I began to learn about the importance of it. He was always interested in politics (still is) and felt that's how he could improve things. I reccomend taking your children along if possible to show them the process at a young age.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread isn't very MV related at all. But I am registered and I do vote. I agree with what Jeff (KsM715) said. If you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain. And since I'm a firm believer in the old saying "The more you complain the longer God lets you live" I have to vote so I have something to complain about.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread isn't very MV related at all. But I am registered and I do vote. I agree with what Jeff (KsM715) said. If you don't vote, you don't get the right to complain. And since I'm a firm believer in the old saying "The more you complain the longer God lets you live" I have to vote so I have something to complain about.
On the surface, this thread may not SEEM to be MV related, but look at the folowing and then please reconsider your comment....

1. This POLL is posted in the "Politics Related to the MV Hobby" intentionally.

2. I haven't, but you are welcome to go count the number of Threads within this "Politics Related..." subForum and then tell me that VOTING for MV-Friendly Officials would not have prevented the angst that so many of our Members have experienced with Bureaucrats.

3. Voting DOES effect the MV Hobby in a VERY DIRECT way.
3.a. The supply of MV's through various government auctions and sales only happens when Elected Officials provide funding for replacement equipment and therefore facilitate the disposal of the obsolete or surplus MV's etc. that WE buy and enjoy.
3.b. Elected Officials enmasse are given the POWER to promote or eliminate OUR ability to own and operate MV's through RESTRICTIONS of our FREEDOMS.

4. A LARGE percentage of our Membership are bonafide flag-waving patriots who preserve the Military Heritage of these MV's - This POLL is intended to gauge whether or not that patriotism carries over to the Voting Booth.

Thank you for your reconsideration.

Respectfully
John

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't vote since I am a Dutchman living in the Czech Republic :-| aua Would vote if I was a US citizen or greencard holder.

mckeeranger

I always vote, and will as long as I am able.

I respect the opinion of everyone that votes, whether they vote the way I do, or not. I don't have a lot of respect for the opinions of those that are eligible, but do not.

donttreadonmebmg

Unfortunately I believe you should have to answer one of three questions correctly about each candidate before you can vote for that candidate and then also hear his opponents views before finally voting for a candidate.

:soapbox:

91W350

We should learn from the NRA and find out if any of our legislators are in favor of the MV or collector vehicle hobby. A few minor changes in many state's statutes would really enhance the MV hobby. BTW, I do vote. Glen

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who are NOT US Citizens....

Thank you for your posts.
Although I had narrow-mindedly presumed this to be a US Election Survey, you are welcome to either check the NOT ELIGIBLE option - OR - if there are elections in your native land you can pick the option that best suits your situation.

To our more worldly Members - - - Thank you!

KsM715

To piggyback on USAFSS-ColdWarrior's comments, Those that are not US citizens, but want to become a US citizen, come on in, study hard, learn the language, become a productive member of sociaty ( sp?,ok I cant spell) and become a citizen and I will personally drive you to the polls the first time you are eligible and I'll buy the first round when we are done voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks