• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

POLL: Are YOU a VOTER ? ? ?

Are YOU a Registered VOTER ? ? ?

• I am a REGISTERED VOTER and I intend to Vote in every election

Votes: 152 92.7%
  • I am a REGISTERED VOTER but WILL NOT be Voting in every election

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I am NOT a Registered Voter

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • I am not eligible to Vote

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KsM715

If its accidental and he had planned to quote someone else and got things mixed up, thats one thing. But if not then I think it should be taken down

KsM715

Hmmm this thread has been looked at 671 time and only 104 people voted in the poll? Guess that means the 104 of us that voted have come back to check at least 6 time each.

jpekarek

jpekarek. maybe you should be a politician. Some how you quoted my post with the added

"and those that don't piss me off."

I never typed that. I don't speak that way. Not sure how you even did that. Check my unedited post

You also mis-understood my post. Perhaps I was not clear. I do think it is your civic duty to be informed on issues and to vote for what you believe is right. You can't just stick your head in the ground and hope everything will be fine.

The people I frown upon are not people who don't vote but un-informed people who vote anyway.
Yes you are right, I am not sure how that happened either. I appologize, I will delete the post.

There are many people here who need to get off thier high horse about voting. It's kind of funny listening to some people use this "issue" of voting to place themselves above everyone else and look down on people who don't vote, without the luxury of even knowing anything about them.

Flyingvan911

I voted this morning because I will be in Chicago tomorrow. Every vote counts and if you are elidgable to vote and don't, you are just as bad as whatever politician you complain about.

NMC_EXP

Before you play the video game that passes for voting these days, remember one thing:

No matter who you vote for, the government always gets elected.

NMC_EXP

I always vote. It is your duty.

Might be yours....

Do not confuse "duty" with what other people expect of you; they are utterly different. Duty is a debt you owe to yourself to fulfill obligations you have assumed voluntarily. Paying that debt can entail anything from years of patient work to instant willingness to die. Difficult it may be, but the reward is self-respect. ~R.A. Heinlein

mslogr

Yes I vote. I shut mw job down early enough so my employees have time to vote. I to agree if you dont vote dont complain.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there are some people that shouldn't vote. Some people walk into the booth and vote for somebody not knowing a thing about them. I know several people that vote completely opposite of what their values are. Their excuse is "I've always voted for XYZ party and that's how I vote". I could go into much more detail but I better leave it at that ;-).

condor16

I vote... when there is a national election. Since I came on active duty, I have never lived in any one place for more than 18 months.
So I'm a registered voter, but I think that my vote for state/local offices would be a vote with consequences (from governor to school board) that I don't have to live with. Supporting citizens' right to make decisions at the lowest possible level, I think that the best choice for me is to stand aside from elections below the national level. Just my view - if you're registered to vote and take the time to learn what the candidates are all about... please vote!

Sgt. Sam

Vote

Well I will say this __ I allways vote cause if you don't then nomatter who winns you gote nothing to bich about. If the wrong person gets in then it's just to dam bad ain't it. Cause you didnt VOTE

dragonwagon

Unfortunately I believe you should have to answer one of three questions correctly about each candidate before you can vote for that candidate and then also hear his opponents views before finally voting for a candidate.

:soapbox:
That would be to easy this year . Did they use negative campging ? YES , ok you can vote :lol:

dont think iv ever seen so much negative in an election year .

Now to your question , NO i dont . Put the gun down and let me explain . I live in the " unpopulated " end of the state . IF and i do say if every one on my end of the state voted the same we still couldn't pull any upset . The city out numbers us WAY to far . After 30 years of voting ,,,,,,,,, i have surrendered . Now instead of complaing about the politician , i complain about the city folks who put them in office . I think thats fair .

littlebob

I try and vote early, never know what I will be doing the actual voting day, I also try and take the kids when I can. Like said before, no vote no complaining

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We have early voting here...just report to the polls and say "I'm gonna be outta town on the second...no questions asked. I have done the deed already.:grin:

I give each of my employees 2 hours to go vote...most already did but a few have to go today. (And no, I don't influence their vote in any way.)

Here's the kicker...if ya don't come back and show me your official "I voted, Georgia Peach smiley face thingy" .....you owe me that time back...and you are guilty of having "poked the bear"!!!

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have early voting here...just report to the polls and say "I'm gonna be outta town on the second...no questions asked. I have done the deed already.:grin:

I give each of my employees 2 hours to go vote...most already did but a few have to go today. (And no, I don't influence their vote in any way.)

Here's the kicker...if ya don't come back and show me your official "I voted, Georgia Peach smiley face thingy" .....you owe me that time back...and you are guilty of having "poked the bear"!!!
PB:
Texas also has EARLY VOTING, but we don't require a "REASON". Too many unexpected things can come up, so ANY voter can show up early (at limited consolodated locations) and cast their ballots.... I go to the County Elections Office downtown. Only on Election Day are ALL the polls open in the 'hoods.

It's kinda like a "No Excuses for Not Voting" philosophy.

steelandcanvas

The Mrs and I spent about two and half hours researching, then filled out our ballots. We have a mail-in ballot here in Arapahoe County, but we also have a drop off point in the next town. No reason not to vote. If you don't vote, don't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks