• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poof Stock 2011

toddm

He Poof we actually did make it home in one piece, Josh did a great job driving the Deuce for the second time ever. He just needs a little more seat time. It looks like my truck finally stopped the here and there dripping of oil too.

Attachments

All is well, the 2011 Wisconsin MV season has begun.[thumbzup] I had a great time, seeing old friends and meeting new. The convoy was a blast. The swap meet was awesome, I should have brought more cash. The food was amazing in both quality and quantity. The entire group are great people with a vast knowledge of our favorite subject.
Chester passed out on the ride home, so I think that he and his buddies had a good time too.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

poof

Dirty Hippie
well. 6 hours later.. the M37 is here now... he went back North.. ( 4 Sale, quality M37 parts)rofl went to Gene the Buffalo man.. he is a mamber here too and he had a Fuel pump..
drove to the m37.. did some putzing and had to go to Farm-Fleet store... got some needed stuff... went back to m37... started install.. a guy that lives on the road we were on stopped and offered any help he could..... A brass fitting on the pump broke.. so rather than going back to FF I went up the hill and took him up on his offer... he had one fitting... after a bit of fab work we got it all together.. I sucked some Gas.. it fired up .. I followed Dogtags for a few miles ..all was good.. broke off and headed home........ half way there .. ( ring -ring-ring). he made it a few more miles and it quit again. . thinking the feul pump diaphram gave out on replacement pump.. I say I will come with Deuce and tow him back to my place... that went well.. I dont think that M37 has had much 55+ MPH time on the road :lol:... made it here.. his Ride came and I drank some beers till then... They just left at 6pm.. he can fill you in on the rest of the Plans..

Now back to the preveously scedualed NAP..
... Night all.
J.P.

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Was Dogtags running gas or something really stupid like waste motor oil?roflroflrofl

I have no idea who would ever do anything that stooopid.

On a completely unrelated note, I have the deuce inside the shop now, and a nice dent in my F350's tailgate, small price to pay. Played around with the hydraulic head a bit and figured out that is the problem for sure. Now I just have to get it off the IP and see if it's the clip on the bottom that gave out, or is it nonfixable. Anyone have a spare IP or just the hydraulic head laying around they would like to part with?

dittle

I made it home just after 6:00. Was hoping I was the last one to make it knowing that DT's M37 had issues. Unfortunately I am not the last one to make it home. Anyways, good times were had and was nice to see everyone I knew from last year and was really nice to meet members that I had not met before.

My dogs were so ready to go home they were fighting over the front seat when I left Greg's house. Lucy ended up winning as she was wedged in behind Gypsum and he couldn't get her off the seat.

Attachments

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well. 6 hours later.. the M37 is here now... he went back North.. ( 4 Sale, quality M37 parts)rofl went to Gene the Buffalo man.. he is a mamber here too and he had a Fuel pump..
drove to the m37.. did some putzing and had to go to Farm-Fleet store... got some needed stuff... went back to m37... started install.. a guy that lives on the road we were on stopped and offered any help he could..... A brass fitting on the pump broke.. so rather than going back to FF I went up the hill and took him up on his offer... he had one fitting... after a bit of fab work we got it all together.. I sucked some Gas.. it fired up .. I followed Dogtags for a few miles ..all was good.. broke off and headed home........ half way there .. ( ring -ring-ring). he made it a few more miles and it quit again. . thinking the feul pump diaphram gave out on replacement pump.. I say I will come with Deuce and tow him back to my place... that went well.. I dont think that M37 has had much 55+ MPH time on the road :lol:... made it here.. his Ride came and I drank some beers till then... They just left at 6pm.. he can fill you in on the rest of the Plans..

Now back to the preveously scedualed NAP..
... Night all.
J.P.
John ,

Thanks for the good time, enjoyed meeting everyone again. If you need help with the M37 give me a call.

Frank

dogtags

Well... Here it is, 9:45 at night and I am finally sitting down to the computer. I got home at about 8:15. That means after 9.5 hours "on the road" I get the longest drive award taken away from dittle, right? :)

We have a tow company that we work with regularly in Oshkosh. I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they have time to run down and pick it up on Monday, otherwise it seems like I'll have to try and get my Father-in-laws tow rig and haul it back that way.

I'll post some picture of the new three-piece fuel pump design once it gets back up here.

~Robert

dittle

Unfortunately I will relinquish the longest drive award to you, wish you didn't have to win it but things do break down. Hope you can get your truck up and running without too much hassle.

skinnedknuckles

Thanks to Poof , we did it again and had a good time even though we got there late and didn't bring anything green :grin: DogTags, if you need any help getting your m37 home let me know I could winch it up on my trailer and bring it to you this weekend [thumbzup] as a matter of fact I picked up 1 of my m-37's not too far from you just past Green Bay. Dittle, I think I will take you up on that advise about coming up to Fort Snelling in July sounds like a good time. Kenny, get that thing apart:hammer: be careful of dirt and follow the TM let me know what you need I probably have some kind of spare parts in the garage :grd:

Paul in Janesville, Wis.

Last edited:

poof

Dirty Hippie
Good Morning..
did a short police call this morning..
looks like I have scored.. 1 cake pan with some very good cake in it... Two Coolers, one with beer in it..one. 101 trailer with a bunch of beer in it... one M37.. looking good..a CUCV with Trailer and 3 dog turd piles.. OH and a nice m35 cargo cover.. :lol:

Osama bin Laden IS DEAD :jumpin:

Dogtags give me a call if some one is coming out here to tow.. or just keep me posted.[thumbzup]

keep them pictures posting
gotta run..
J.P.

dozenjeeps

poofstalk

Well poof, great time again, the cake pan was mine and could not find it in the morning... scored a few things in Jefferson at the car show and made it home about 3:00..... again thanks for the hospitality and the ride in the MUTT... Take care and see ya . maybe you can bring the pan to Toms outing and we can DRINK DR. GREGS BEER and race the deuces again.....