• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Commander Warp's puter was sick with a virus until Swiss helped him out but then he couldn't get on SS??:shock: I suspect::patracy:

Anyhoo...here's a few pics of today's outstanding progress the Commander sent by carrier pigeon::papabear:

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Puter problems. I must have got the same virus from the angle grinder kit Commander gave me at the BBQ. I could not get into SS all evening.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
HAHAHA!!!! The Commander finally got rid of that "jinxed" angle grinder??

He told me that thing had a hex put on it by a Voodoo practicing LA witch!! That's why he never used it!:roll::roll::papabear::papabear:

zout

Cannot tell you how happy I was to graciously pawn that POC off to someone - it was jinxed and I can see it now in TX from here
imagesCATZRPGA.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That explains it. Last night I heard a whirring sound and realized that it was the grinder. Strangest thing is that it was not connected to an air source. No wonder he wanted it gone. :shock:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander Warp's puter was sick with a virus until Swiss helped him out but then he couldn't get on SS??:shock: I suspect::patracy:
PB is deflecting attention from himself, he wanted me to stall fixing Dave's computer so that Dave would be stuck in the the super shop working on his WC and not posting on SS.:evil:

When that tactic did not work, PB negotiated a power failure with the ISP :)

Nice Work PB

zout

PB - I got both the upright arms for the windshield swivels broken loose - they were rusted shut. Sand blasted once opened up into two sections - put light grease in them upon re-assembly. All I can say is HOLD onto the windshield when lowering the framework - it is really "free".

Got both the floor plates painted and installed along with the throttle pedal - I put a 2x4 behind the pedal so you do not back into any more tree's.

The wood section that fill's the shifter - PTO - was sanded and Floor Restore brushed on (first sanded with 320) once dried the top surface will get sanded again to level and one more light coat put on.
I did get the very top of the windshield framework painted as well and the pic is in here somewhere.

I will get onto the fenders tomorrow night. - At this time ALL the brake components are ordered from awesome John up at Midwest Military - I really like talking to them folks.

Got home at 4:30 and walked into the house at 6:11 from the garage - at least this weekend I can get up to warp speed.
Photo1766.jpgPhoto1767.jpgPhoto1768.jpgPhoto1769.jpgPhoto1770.jpgPhoto1771.jpgPhoto1772.jpgPhoto1773.jpgPhoto1774.jpgPhoto1775.jpg

zout

That floor section sanded down and re-coated - the brush sticking in that heap is how hard this epoxy coating gets.
Windshield upright swivel broken loose - scotchbrighted down and will get this all assembled tomorrow as well and primered.
Both fenders blasted - headlight buckets removed and blasted as well so I can get the interiors of them both besides the rusted mount area.

Suppose to get 4 inches of rain over the weekend so I got all prepared tonight as I could to maintain a flow through the weekend.
Photo1778.jpgPhoto1780.jpgPhoto1781.jpgPhoto1782.jpgPhoto1783.jpgPhoto1784.jpgPhoto1785.jpg

zout

I sure hope that fella is !!!!!!!!
He is way bigger than I am.

PCtrans came up last night and picked up his second M931 and I was like a terd on a fishing pole - just kinda watched and he was hooking up like he knew what he was doing and I stayed out of his way.

I do not have the weather-strip pieces for the front fenders so the best I could do this weekend is get them ready to mount after doing the spraying on them. headlight bulb bezel screws are rusted in so I need to heat them up a little to break them loose to get into the housing to clean them up.

Gotta dig that PTO out soon - I do have a shim pac for it and my dial indicator dug out to get the tolerance correct.

Some day I will start hammering on the box.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Georgia weather has been the worse the last 2 weeks and the rest of May does not look any better :( What a great way to ELIMINATE the Rainy Blues!

:grd:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks