• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary filter. Mines BIGGER than yours.

joey

After running into a problem with my filters being bypassed I finally got around to installing somthing that I know works. now if i could only get the stupid truck to run right..

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks a little like the one I have in the 8x8, a Racor 1000FG. Love the "from the top filter element replacement" design. It's also a water separator and uses treated filter elements that repel water. The micron rating is 20 at the moment.
For the testing I have done so far, it works good and the see-thru bowl is an extra feature.

Attachments

Joey,

Is this something you acquired recently? If so, where did you find/get it and how much?

Bjorn,

Is this the unit that you were looking for the glass bowl for and found out that a mason jar was same size and would work?

Ok, final 2 questions everyone knew was coming................:roll: (4th cup of coffee at 5 in the morning).

Is this a viable alternative to the 3 filters currently on the deuce or just replacing the primary filter?
Is there a filter finer than the 20 micron available?

joey

Joey,

Is this something you acquired recently? If so, where did you find/get it and how much?

Bjorn,

Is this the unit that you were looking for the glass bowl for and found out that a mason jar was same size and would work?

Ok, final 2 questions everyone knew was coming................ (4th cup of coffee at 5 in the morning).

Is this a viable alternative to the 3 filters currently on the deuce or just replacing the primary filter?
Is there a filter finer than the 20 micron available?
I Peiced it together from work, all the tugboats ive seen run raycors. An old cheif engineer had it as spare parts incase something broke he quite and i took his raycor.

There are 3 filters that i know of for them, I am running a 2 micron filter then there is the 5 or 10 and the 20.
I will run 2 microns becuse we have a case of them at work that we dont use becuse they plug up to quike on the tugs.

I had thought about using it for the only filter for the truck, I dont see why one couldnt but its easyer for me if i still run the secondary and finals.

The big raycor housings are expensive I dont know for sure but ive heard they are around 200 to 300 dollars

joey

CraneTruck. I knew you had one, I pm'd you about yours around a year ago!

The raycors do work good Ive been working on tugs with them for about 4 or 5 years and have never had a problem with one I trust them more then I trust any outher filter, especially on the duece!