• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary filter. Mines BIGGER than yours.

joey

After running into a problem with my filters being bypassed I finally got around to installing somthing that I know works. now if i could only get the stupid truck to run right..

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks a little like the one I have in the 8x8, a Racor 1000FG. Love the "from the top filter element replacement" design. It's also a water separator and uses treated filter elements that repel water. The micron rating is 20 at the moment.
For the testing I have done so far, it works good and the see-thru bowl is an extra feature.

Attachments

Joey,

Is this something you acquired recently? If so, where did you find/get it and how much?

Bjorn,

Is this the unit that you were looking for the glass bowl for and found out that a mason jar was same size and would work?

Ok, final 2 questions everyone knew was coming................:roll: (4th cup of coffee at 5 in the morning).

Is this a viable alternative to the 3 filters currently on the deuce or just replacing the primary filter?
Is there a filter finer than the 20 micron available?

joey

Joey,

Is this something you acquired recently? If so, where did you find/get it and how much?

Bjorn,

Is this the unit that you were looking for the glass bowl for and found out that a mason jar was same size and would work?

Ok, final 2 questions everyone knew was coming................ (4th cup of coffee at 5 in the morning).

Is this a viable alternative to the 3 filters currently on the deuce or just replacing the primary filter?
Is there a filter finer than the 20 micron available?
I Peiced it together from work, all the tugboats ive seen run raycors. An old cheif engineer had it as spare parts incase something broke he quite and i took his raycor.

There are 3 filters that i know of for them, I am running a 2 micron filter then there is the 5 or 10 and the 20.
I will run 2 microns becuse we have a case of them at work that we dont use becuse they plug up to quike on the tugs.

I had thought about using it for the only filter for the truck, I dont see why one couldnt but its easyer for me if i still run the secondary and finals.

The big raycor housings are expensive I dont know for sure but ive heard they are around 200 to 300 dollars

joey

CraneTruck. I knew you had one, I pm'd you about yours around a year ago!

The raycors do work good Ive been working on tugs with them for about 4 or 5 years and have never had a problem with one I trust them more then I trust any outher filter, especially on the duece!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks