• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pripyat, Russia

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use to picture hunt for these types of things and sadly.. "no-touchy!" Heck..no "looky" half the time anyway. But this is just the stuff we know of, I couldnt imagine what has been burried, overgrown, or simply lost.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could take it but it has the best anti-theft device known to man: Radiation. You wont know you triggered the alarm until about 20 years later and it will be too late then hahaha!:twisted:

DanMartin

Somewhat related, here is a site that is a few years old from a very brave woman named Elana in the Ukraine (this is actually a mirror I believe, as the original site was taken down years ago).

KIDDofSPEED - GHOST TOWN - Chernobyl Pictures - Kidofspeed - Elena

(it's an old site and a bit hard to follow...but click though the links...lots of great photos of Pripyat and the surrounding countryside). Fascinating.

At the bottom of the main page is a disclaimer. Apparently there were some accusations of this gal being a fake for some reason, but these photos look real enough to me, and I believe she wanted to the world to see what happened there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been on Elaina F's site several times. That is not the only story she has to tell. If you read, you will find that her father is one of the scientists that works at Chernyobl monitoring the site.

DanMartin

I've been on Elaina F's site several times. That is not the only story she has to tell. If you read, you will find that her father is one of the scientists that works at Chernyobl monitoring the site.
She also has some pages (that I cannot seem to find anymore) of them going out to old battlefields and finding German and Russian artifacts from the war....including pics of a tank (I think a Sherman!) stuck in a bog. I'll keep searching....

Jinx

I've seen those pictures before and read Elaina's story. It is fascinating, though I wouldn't want to see those vehicles in person. I plan on having children.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dan this is perhaps the link you are looking for??

Kiev - Ukraine - History of Ukraine - Serpent's Wall
That's it! I have it bookmarked. The first time I was there I got lost for hours. She rides her bike INTO the contaminated areas! There are some cool pics there. Her father is one of the people that monitor Chernobyl. Guess he told her that as long as you stay on asphalt/cement and don't go on organic things, you'll be OK.

This site is cool too, lots of abandoned places.

Abandoned Places and Urban Exploration

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the majority of the area once closed is now sort of open, with tours to some of it. large areas are now considered safe to live in. (maybe with a dosometer??) cesium 137 has a half life of 30.7 years. i think and that accounted for a lot of the radiation. so maybe some day someone can buy one of those choppers!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks