• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem with oshkosh equipment BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelandcanvas

21K?? Ouch!! Not to close the gate after the horse got out, but man you should have done a little more research. Put on a band-aid, suck it up, and enjoy the truck. Continual bitching about it won't fix anything 2cents.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

21K for a truck, WOW. What was the rush that did not make you look around more? Heck one of the 6000 dollar trucks out in California hauled to you would have cost less. Any search for military vehicles would have come up with a number of companies that would have cost you less. On another note, can I borrow 600 bucks? I am not trying to bash you just understanding the mentality.

As for the problem now, save the headaches down the road hand them the money and put them in your mirror and never look back. You should now have more (and cheaper) resources for parts then you did before. Yeah it sucks but they are not new trucks, and can not be remade to be new no matter what you tried things will still go bad.

I had a buddy who worked in a dealership garage, they would pull a brand new vehicle off the lot and tear it down. When they did this the found half of a piston rod missing. so even brand new things can happen.

Last edited:

prattcobra

I need to get a new section since they used bondo near the hinges on the back side of the hood and one of the hinge sides is busting loose. Where can I get that whole metal piece behind the hood where the hinges connect for a 813?

JDToumanian

What would you do?
I would pay them, and then move on. You may have some regrets, but bygones can be bygones. Enjoy your truck!

I need to get a new section since they used bondo near the hinges on the back side of the hood and one of the hinge sides is busting loose.
Isn't that piece part of the cab? I'm not sure, but I know they are prone to stress cracking there from vibration. Fender washers!

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks