• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

problem with oshkosh equipment BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would try to find some sheet metal and install it under the part you are trying to fix. If it cracked once, the steel was not stout enough to begin with.

13 MIKE

You were given a lot of good advice in the other thread that you ignored. Now you want everyone to feel bad for you, and give you more advice.

Pro tip: Read more, post less.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when did you buy this truck ? In post # 42 you stated you bought before you found this site . In post #52 gimpy provided a link to a thread you started on "Looking for a 6 X 6 " on
10 - 4 - 2010 . You also never answered a direct question on if it came with a warranty , so i would have to guess i didn't .You come here for people's opinions show enough respect to the membership here to tell the truth . And if OKE did not provide you a warranty and replaced the transfer case they went above and beyond what they needed to , to satisfy you. Pay them for the parts they shipped . And did you go and INSPECT the truck prior to purchess ? It seems you started this thread to bash OKE for your own mistakes in buying this truck .

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
they said the truck was gone through all seals replaced and entirely free of leaks and eveything works great.

I had a problem the minute they dropped the truck off the first time.
I paid over $21000.00 for the truck.

It should have been fixed.

They did not fix it right when it went back to them and they had it for 3 weeks.
Well I bought an 2008 389 Peter Built custom Built 4 axle heavy Haul for $289,000.00 I picked up at the dealer and 1500 miles the front wheel seal went out and center Power divider went out at 2300 aprox miles so it is the price of doing buisness it half to blame parts made by low bidders and supply chane and the cr?? they build.
As for what I buy from I would have went there and taken it for test drive
and do a shake down and do level 30 TI PMCS I would be alot better than something be brought to my home not knowing that it was not what I wanted and buyer remorce as school of hard knox.nopics

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when did you buy this truck ? In post # 42 you stated you bought before you found this site . In post #52 gimpy provide a link to a thread you started on "Looking for a 6 X 6 " on
10 - 4 - 2010 . You also never answered a direct question on if it came with a warranty , so i would have to guess i didn't .You come here for people's opinions show enough respect to the membership here to tell the truth . And if OKE did not provide you a warranty and replaced the transfer case they went above and beyond what they needed to , to satisfy you. Pay them for the parts they shipped . And did you go and INSPECT the truck prior to purchess ? It seems you started this thread to bash OKE for your own mistakes in buying this truck .
Ditto Ditto Ditto:driver:

3dAngus

So when did you buy this truck ? In post # 42 you stated you bought before you found this site . In post #52 gimpy provide a link to a thread you started on "Looking for a 6 X 6 " on
Congrratulations! Your nose is improving. You are going to make a fine troll hunter. Way to sniff him out.

OSO

I have a M328 Bridge support for sale I know of 2 leaks one on a shaft for the steering . A front wheel has a new streak down the sidewall of the tire $4500.00 ITS YOURS comes with engine gasket set and other parts2cents2cents

I have a M328 Bridge support for sale I know of 2 leaks one on a shaft for the steering . A front wheel has a new streak down the sidewall of the tire $4500.00 ITS YOURS comes with engine gasket set and other parts2cents2cents
What does this have to do with this thread?????

For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!

And Westy, it's not a deuce.... it's a 5 ton.

Armada

they want me to pay for the other parts they sent me to fix the broken door handle and window inside door pieces. I am so mad I don't want to talk to them I feel like telling them to kiss my ass and I won't pay for the parts they sent me.. I have to devote time to fix and my labor.

What would you do?
Send their parts back, close the book on them, and move on. Spend a fraction of the money they wanted for their parts and buy the parts yourself and fix it yourself. If not mechanically inclined then ask for help. Lots of members here that can walk you through it or even physically help you with it. Also, if not mechanically inclined, maybe owning a 30 - 40 year old MV is the wrong hobby to be involved with. Good luck, I truely hope your dilema has a happy ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks