• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time again at Zouts

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious Commander.................I know you have vast knowledge of MANY things, yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there are a TON of small pieces parts missing and needing fabrication on the job. How do you "know" what they look like and their dimensions? The mighty TM's? Or photos from past and existing sister vehicles........................I mean, from seats to hold downs, you're making a TON of stuff. How do ya know what it looks like? and what parts go where? and what to make the parts out of? I know, a bunch of questions, but us darn "couch taters" are a curious bunch! LOL

Great work, I might add! %hanks for the thread!!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Curious Commander.................I know you have vast knowledge of MANY things, yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there are a TON of small pieces parts missing and needing fabrication on the job. How do you "know" what they look like and their dimensions? The mighty TM's? Or photos from past and existing sister vehicles........................I mean, from seats to hold downs, you're making a TON of stuff. How do ya know what it looks like? and what parts go where? and what to make the parts out of? I know, a bunch of questions, but us darn "couch taters" are a curious bunch! LOL

Great work, I might add! %hanks for the thread!!!
He RESEARCHES

Last edited:

zout

March...I keep telling folks that come over that any MV truvk I work on talks to me...hope that makes sence.
Not many pictures to go by that are not cobbled up to be realistic enough.
Never ever have I viewed a TM for components.
Us ole timers come from the industrial/mechanical era...so looking and seeing what makes sence then fabricate it.

What to make it out if...good question.
I have lots of metal of different qualities and some better than OEM... so the choice is not hard plus that I have available as far as tooling to make them. I have far less machines than I did say 20 years ago for sure because of all the moving...$$$...and space available to have them. Just do the best you can with what you have.
THEN...let the vehicle talk to you.
I appreciate the compliments...but If anything I hope the pics alone allows someone else to be able to work on their stuff.

Remember..What I build is a honor to those that served in them...not an anal showpiece that does not look real...they are battle worn.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Just do the best you can with what you have.
THEN...let the vehicle talk to you.
I appreciate the compliments...but If anything I hope the pics alone allows someone else to be able to work on their stuff.

Remember..What I build is a honor to those that served in them...not an anal showpiece that does not look real...they are battle worn.
Commander Z is a rarity even among a rare breed:

- He is both an MV Rat, AND...

- An MV Whisperer!

whisperer_193705.jpg

zout

Got ign wired in...have new condenser and points ordered and will be at the parts shop tomorrow...will get them in after doctors appointments...engine rolls over fine and great compression and fuel to cyl's.
Whoooooo Hooooo

zout

Engine fired up after a very long time. It like Frankenstein ITS ALIVE ITS ALIVE
TWM nominated it on MV of the Month poll..BE SURE TO VOTE FOR IT IF YOU LIKE IT.
THANKS

zout

Exhaust system ordered this morning along with new clutch return spring. Will get the new windshield glass cut next and Zout2 will assist in handling with my glass suction cups and rope.
Going to clean out the cooling system in the morning and get in antifreeze.
Only a couple small things to finish up on and it goes into Doc's hands again.
Here are a few current pics.
20161006_092432_001.jpg20161006_092456_001.jpg20161006_092505_001.jpg20161006_092514_001.jpg20161006_092907_001.jpg20161007_093046_001.jpg20161007_093058_001.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe, but it could be C.R. too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so many choices.

Looks purdy darn Sa-weet if you ask me. You are a talented man, Commander.

zout

Ahab...Doc is working on putting it into museums...no fuel or vapor can be in the tank...therefore just running it off an IV for now...but we'll know its right.

March....thank you sir...your appreciation is appreciated. Its only an honor for those that might have served in it or might have been a patient hauled in one...its for them and not an anal showpiece.

Here in a couple weeks there will be over 1,00 high school kids that will see it and talk to Doc who served in one to hear its history....he has everything medical to set it up like it was in the battlefield. Very cool listening to his stories.

jasonjc

Here in a couple weeks there will be over 1,00 high school kids that will see it and talk to Doc who served in one to hear its history....he has everything medical to set it up like it was in the battlefield. Very cool listening to his stories.
You think Doc could make us a walk around video of the setup with all the medical stuff??? I think that would be great. And as always you have done a great job on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks