• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time again at Zouts

zout

Just an update on progress for those watching.
The passenger side upper stretcher rails were non--existant - so Doc had them fabricated - the rest of the hardware that needed to be fabricated and attached to the rails is on me. So the hinges - locking tabs - rear inside rail hanger had to be fabricated. This is how far I have gotten on that progress. Still each end to each rail requires a stretcher locking hoop - this will be next.

The passenger seat base has to be able to hang on the windshield brackets - so it can be removed from seat position to the windshield to protect the upper patients head in transport - the seat back tilts forward thus making a cushion for the lower patients head - very very cool thinking on those folks part with this concept. Gotta hand it to them - they thought about nearly everything.
The seat base frame also has to be fabricated.
20160913_090355.jpg20160913_104003_001.jpg20160915_100916_001.jpg20160915_111056.jpg20160915_111147.jpg20160916_093242_001.jpg20160916_093303_001.jpg20160916_101525_001.jpg20160916_103654.jpg20160916_103709_001.jpg20160916_103946_001.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Not your usual restoration. Lot of complicated stuff going on.
I can tell you for a fact...There is NOTHING usual about any of Commander Warp's restorations. If a particular part is made of unobtainium or simply does not exist, he fabs one up!

Remember back when the Commander was working on my K18-C? We couldn't find anything even resembling that grill...so he took a picture he printed off line and made one from scratch!!:grin:

I'm still amazed every time I look at it.:papabear:

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was referring to the word "your" in the collective sense meaning the variety of other restorations we normally see on SS and not compared to the Commander's other restorations. :|

Another Ahab

I can tell you for a fact...There is NOTHING usual about any of Commander Warp's restorations. If a particular part is made of unobtainium or simply does not exist, he fabs one up!

Remember back when the Commander was working on my K18-C? We couldn't find anything even resembling that grill...so he took a picture he printed off line and made one from scratch!!
That fabrication is awesome. It is.

But are you absolutely sure that there isn't somebody in the Commander's neighborhood missing a crucial part of their trusty old Weber?!

grill.jpg grill I.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That fabrication is awesome. It is.

But are you absolutely sure that there isn't somebody in the Commander's neighborhood missing a crucial part of their trusty old Weber?!

View attachment 644736 View attachment 644737
Commander Warp wouldn't use that to cook hot dogs, let alone use it on a piece of military history.Ive seen picture of some of the Bar-B-Que grills he has made from scratch.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I heard a rumor today that a new project (not as involved) may be dropped of at the Commander's AO tonight...or very soon.. What could it be they asked???

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the condition of the M151 I can't imagine there is much that needs to be done. Hopefully it makes the Rally as I would love to drive it now that I have mastered the K18. :oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:

zout

Nope...just a little massaging from a knucklehead...those that are curious about painting with Behr Marquee paint..keep an eye on this thread as this is what the Mutt will will coated with...stencils are on the way cut by knowmoralitygraphix once again..then hand painted on.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Looking at the condition of the M151 I can't imagine there is much that needs to be done. Hopefully it makes the Rally as I would love to drive it now that I have mastered the K18. :oops::oops::oops:
Maybe you can use the M151A2 as the official "Georgia Mafia Shuttle" to get folks back and forth to the cabins/showers and the "Georgia Mafia Headquarters" camper/compound.:papabear:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope...just a little massaging from a knucklehead...those that are curious about painting with Behr Marquee paint..keep an eye on this thread as this is what the Mutt will will coated with...stencils are on the way cut by knowmoralitygraphix once again..then hand painted on.
Looking to be schooled and learn a thing or two.........

zout

As for the M151...got it all masked off and some very annoying dents hammered out this morning.
Sand tomorrow and fix a couple beaver holes.
Should be good to shoot paint Saturday...will take a few detailed pics @water for reducing @spray thickness and pattern.

Gotta remember this is waterbase..so its gotta be thin...let dry up and shoot again..maybe even a third coat.

Stencils are getting return shipped to me as of now.

Another Ahab

As for the M151...got it all masked off and some very annoying dents hammered out this morning.

Gotta remember this is waterbase..so its gotta be thin...let dry up and shoot again..maybe even a third coat.

Stencils are getting return shipped to me as of now.
Was there a reason to choose the water-based paint over an alkyd-based or anything else?

zout

You can ask Ferro how nice that Behr paint works keeping mud.dirt.meteors.zombies from sticking to the paint and its durable as ****.
Did I mention I am a cheap SOB.
Besides I am spraying this outside - that clinches it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks