• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Again - re-paint

zout

I was going to ignore posting anything up but - I am sure there might be a couple folks who just want to repaint their MV in some way not too expensive with equipment nor material.

If this goes no-where I will just ask to have it deleted if its of no value.

Victim - 5 Ton in desert tan with dropsides - full repair to body and chassis.

Material will be full pressure wash with a product called Wild Dog and a brand of truck soap I use called Power Brite - FlynnDistributing is whom I use for detailing products - these are his product names.

Behr Ulta or Marquee in code 24052 FLAT. Trying to talk the owner into the Marquee as its nature is to deter dirt or dust sticking to it - about a couple steps above the Ultra.

*Note - others before me used the Behr and I was a tough sell to want to try "house paint" on my truck. I am absolutely sold on the use of this for our trucks. So - the credit belongs to them - not me.

There is a tad bit of some rusting to deal with but nothing serious - so the step you'll see is just cleaning these up - pressure washing and into paint - NO SANDING. The surface will be tongue licking clean from these products - surface is already scratchy enough as it is as well as my 5 ton and 109 box was.

So if your interested stay tuned.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:clinto:Another Zout thread that I can follow..........yaaaaaaaahhhooooooooooooo.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
follow

Is it done yet? You have had three hours. What is the hold up?

zout

Here's the project - just too much water saturated Georgia Clay in the way to even attempt to move it without tearing up the yard more than I have - its already going to cost me a couple three hundred bucks to get the damage done and leveled out.

SO - here it is pre-wash stage - I will get it moved to the top of the drive and on solid ground so I can lay on the ground and pressure wash as well getting everything that will eventually be in paint. I might wash off what mud is on it before it gets in the drive so mama does not kick my hiney.100_1763 (640x480).jpg100_1764 (640x480).jpg100_1765 (640x480).jpg100_1766 (640x480).jpg100_1767 (640x480).jpg100_1768 (640x480) (2).jpg100_1769 (640x480).jpg100_1770 (640x480).jpg I call Her "COUNT 9" just so ya know Swiss.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Except for the inside of the door fingerprints I wouldn't even paint that truck. ;-)

zout

Watch Grasshopper - for magic to appear before your eyes. In Green - those trucks look like MONSTERS - in Tan they look filthy and the size looses its perspective - but EH that is what makes us all different and its COOL. Gotta say its better than that PINK pic I posted with my tonka toy work phone.

zout

AHHHH did ya bump your head over there - Zouts doing it and I have no clue about expert - just a bundle of previous experience failure to always get better is all and learn every day.
But I will give it the best I have - you will see after the pressure washing - everything that is grease stain - inside and out will be clean - pre prepping the surface. Ahhh where did I leave that
Learn how to paint for dummies book anyhow.

Last edited:

zout

I COULD show you MVPA quality stuff but it is boring to me. I prefer to have stuff we use - others can sit in and drive - get muddy if you wish and use it - not sit around and be PRETTY and gather trophies off it (just go buy a trophy its cheaper).

So when you see what I am doing - its for the folks like I - that use their MV's and its easy to make a repair paint fix to it - and best of all - it looks really fricking awesome cool. (I do have some trophies on the wall BTW) but they just sit there and gather dust and our MV's do not.
Thanks all for jumping in on the thread and I am only trying to help those that wish to just clean up with a really cool paint job that will last - not forever but for quite some time and easy to repair. If your looking for an expert I will have to stay at one of them motels for over a year to become smart. But I do have a few jobs tucked under my belt that may be helpful. If ya look back in some 1969 Chopper Magazines you will be able to see some of my previous past work as well.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you get 19 posts in 6 hours?? That is a post rate of approximately 3 posts per hour. Sweet.

COUNT9 I like it!

The under-carriage and nose is black!

m923 colors front.jpgm923 colors back.jpgm923 colors.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks