• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project time once Again

zout

Have plans to head to CAMO tomorrow morning and have breakfast with the group - sit and have some time to tell lies and BS together.

When its time to head back to reality again - Ron will be hooking up with me at the house with a trailer from SWISS to totally go over.
Time for projects to get smaller but more detailed as you will see with forthcoming pictures - lets see what we can do to his wagon to make it a
proud possession behind the CUCV.

Also plans to send Ron home with more chit than what he came with - time for some Zout garage cleaning out and some stuff to donate to Swiss
for the Boy Scouts of America.

STAY TUNED - CAMO MAFIA BULLDOG in ATTACK MODE

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From the way this sounds, I may need to drag the 101 BACK to my AO to bring all my new to me stuff that I or Dave think that I can not live without, I just cleaned out the shop/garage/storage, so there will BE room that needs to be filled (CAN NOT HAVE EMPTY SPACE GO TO WASTE)

zout

Got back from CAMO around o dark thirty this afternoon - Ron had already been waiting with the project trailer - long 50 mph ride back today.

Ron is hauling Dinger65's jeep to him tomorrow getting it off the property making room for yet another project besides this one.
Gave Ron a bunch of scrap steel and clean aluminum sheets to donate to the Boy Scouts for Swiss.

Will finish cleaning up the rest of the garage while I pick away on this one. Will get the second project down to the garage tomorrow outside and see what parts I need to put it all back together in excellent condition.
Thanks to all today - had an awesome breakfast with the CAMO mafia this morning as well.Photo3187.jpgPhoto3188.jpgPhoto3189.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander Z gets in trouble if you let him have tooo much time on his hands :) Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Z: A couple of things while I am thinking about it:
1.) I Need to get new trailer chains that are the right length for both the M1009 and the F150, the mess I have now will not cut it. We will work on some correct measurements
2.) I wanted to mount the spare under the back with a mount, Mr. 73M819 says you do not want to try and get a spare out that has been coated in mud. The current location is not bad but I need to find a mounting assembly. Could also mount in the front
3.) I have to 2 removable tie downs in the bed in the back, I will get 2 more for front
4.) I checked out the M105 trailer bows and they are all aluminum, did not have a chance to measure but will check on that to see if they work
5.) I visited my saw mill guy yesterday, good things to work with

That is all I can think of at the moment.

zout

Hate to tell you this but your missing a trailer BED at the moment !! - oops did I do that.

Spent the morning cleaning out the pig sty garage - I think 4 projects have ran through there this year without really getting in the corners/bench etc and it was disgusting to me FINALLY. Gave Swiss the weeber jeebers last time here was here and asked me HTH I could work in that environment - DUH - work outside.

Bed came off really nice -will get set up for covering parking brake cables and other components that really do not do well getting blasted. I already have Epoxy 2k primer so all is well once its blasted to get it coated and also have 2k primer to seal it all off as well.

Was just reading what the owner wants added and I have a good idea its all doable especially the spare tire carrier tuck up.
I was advised this trailer had a capability to dump loads - gotta tell ya there is no frickin way that bed tilts - its all a solid mount on the chassis and the chassis sure does not rotate in any shape manner or form.
Body is a piece o cake - no dents besides what I already hammered into it to give it some character. Once I can get some easy stuff done I am sure the owner will be over so we can get our heads wrapped around what he wants done.

Other trailer is a recent purchase - nick named DETH (should be DEATH) do not ever ever haul one of these without the suitable tow vehicle or the nickname will become very clear to you. It will get all new bearing hubs - rotors - calipers - pads - spare tire hold downs to both front sides - and just maybe with that TM paint I have left get painted OD like it should be to tow behind JOKERS with Debs jeep on board. Otherwise I need to get a whole new vehicle if I wanted to use it to do it right and safe. Photo3190.jpgPhoto3191.jpgPhoto3192.jpgPhoto3193.jpgPhoto3194.jpgPhoto3195.jpgPhoto3196.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am missing my tail gate also! Things always disappear when the Georgia Mafia is involved. Rock and Roll Commander Z.

zout

Your vertical upright.

Tonight before I went down and just after getting home I look out the back window at the garage and see this buck walking through the back yard. He moved into the power line undisturbed and crossed the road and fed on my neighbors bushes - 7 point I counted and half way decent size - still smaller than up Upper Michigan corn fed bucks I came from. Was a great picture non the less.

Got Swiss's spare tire kind of laid out - got all the stuff duct taped up tonight to start blasting tomorrow night.

Got the other trailer calipers off to turn in the core's for credit - all new hub bearing assemblies ordered - new rotors and new calipers with new pads - hopefully all the parts will be here by this weekend.
Seeing how its so dark so early I decided to start my mushroom patch on the other side of the garage.Enlarge that first pic of the buck and you will see itPhoto3201.jpgPhoto3202.jpgPhoto3203.jpgPhoto3204.jpgPhoto3207.jpgPhoto3208.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander Z, I am thinking of mounting 2 jerry can holders on the front, I think we can squeeze in one about 18" from the edge on each side. H20 for boy scout camping and fuel for motor cycle riding.

I also have a 2x12 x 8 foot board that I use as a loading ramp for the bikes. Was thinking about making a mount under the trailer to hold the board. The spare tire may be a bit in the way now so we will have to partake in some brown syrup and surmise some options.

zout

I have some Imperial Whitetail Clover on the backside of that power tower - their so small their not worth the effort hunting - great seeing them and taking pics.

Two trailers Swiss - one for each hand.
Blasting night tonight

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Swiss a note on the 2x12. I have used them for loading the jeep on the trailer and have had problems with them cupping after time. I'm using treated boards. and when they get wet they become slick!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss a note on the 2x12. I have used them for loading the jeep on the trailer and have had problems with them cupping after time. I'm using treated boards. and when they get wet they become slick!
Tigger Very Very Nice to see you posting again on site: )

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might I offer a suggestion? These trailers don't do well without some tongue weight. Consider putting the spare if front of the axle using one of the little spare tire hoist thingys found on most junk yard trucks these days. I grabbed one off of a 1 ton GM van for a friend doing the same thing. The 1 ton hoists have the correct center piece for the 8 lug wheels.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Suggestions are very welcome Recovry!! I have not seen that problem yet, but we shall take under advice. I have had the spare temp mounted in the back for awhile with great tracking on the road. Now the m1101 trailer is another story. I hate how that one rides empty. It bounces like a bad rodeo show