• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Time Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

Dingers suspension belly side up - need to bolt everything up.

The back cab corner on my wife's tub was pretty well bashed in and I had hammered on it for a while - dug out all the bondo and it had also been leaded in. Cut it out and have it flanged out - need to fit a little more and then get er finished up.

Another pic of the drivers side - no big deal but I am easily exciteable - :jumpin:.

All the Goodyear Wranglers MT/R tires arrived today as well - these have Kevlar sidewalls - I will save that teasing pic for a later date.

Attachments

zout

[thumbzup] PB - actually is is ON when I am working down there - but it has been too cold in the garage and if I took my 2 outer jackets off all you would see were my big frozen nipp**** rofl

Maybe when it warms back up we can get a good pic of it without any further TMI.

zout

Thanks Bill

Makes me wanna puke with what I have left out of tools when I was forced to move out of the bankrupt state of Mich over 8 yrs ago.
We had a 30x56 pole barn and along with a 38" English Wheel - plazma cutter and a host of other really nice old tools - I could only bring down whatever I could fit in 2 trucks and 2 cars. Everything else was sold.

Bending that back cab corner would have been a breeze - and no reason to cry over spilt milk now I guess - But I know how it really could have turned out.

Old biker days in the mid 60's working on choppers and building them from the ground up.
Besides disliking the extreme prices on parts and knowing what "could have" been is dishearting.

We'll get there eventually - beats going out and buying a $5,000 bare tub.

time to take 109 out for a stroll this weekend to get away from it all - take mama over to the waffle house.

zout

Dinger still needs 4 - 16inch rims - not looking for specific combat rims.

But here is a pic of the 8 tires I picked up for the jeeps,
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar

Attachments

zout

[thumbzup]

you will have the 4 take off tires for your project down there
as soon as you can dig your way back to it now and get er going.
rofl

zout

Grandpa has the 4 grandsons for new years eve. Oldest came down to see what he could tinker with. Let him mix up some body filler for himself - put it on and then gave him the DA Sander to get it off - he had a blast using the flanger and nibbler helping cut out the RF repair section - he threw on the other welding mask to watch the tacking.

He thought it was fair game he take a pic of me - so - had to ruin the rest of the pics with me in them.

I did get Dingers u bolts in he ordered from KW - I have everything just hanging there so he can look up the torque on the u bolts for himself and the torque on the spring hanger bolts. He does have his dogbone repair kit - it is off and the old bearings out - he has to clean up the housing and I will show him how to pull the bearings in Sunday when he comes over.

On the wife's I have the passenger floor panel to repair and then flip er over.

I am not Touching either jeep any more - this year (just had to say that) Ya all have a Happy New Year that are bored and are reading this.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am literally drooling, looking at these pics! Looking really good! I love the pics of the boy doing some bondo work. Great experience for sure.

zout

There are 2 houses for sale within walking distance from my house :beer:
SR - when you start working on that trailer - I will stop making Cherries

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The jeep progress is outstanding...but:roll:

You need to check out your camera...it shows unshaved growth on your face and lots of wrinkles:shock:

Is that possible??roflroflrofl

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I disagree PB, we are at 2 months and a day. We should at least have 4 wheels on the ground with the tub ready to drop on... Looks good though!

zout

Dave has no excuses - he is a slacker :beer:
Deb's tub still has to be flipped over if I can get the upper side done today - but then I want to get it into epoxy primer - suppose to get into the 60's today.
Keep looking at the 2 stacks of tires here in my back room and that sure makes me want to see them on as well - when I pull the wheels off Ole Blue - I am sending the rims out for powder coating. Grand kids found 2 stacks of tires to play hide and go seek in for a while.

If all works out here with some recent events - I may need to hack down a couple tree's behind the garage for storage of several MORE MV's - when this goes through I will post more on it with pics.

Headed to the garage.

zout

Was roughly in the 60's this morning - pouring rain out now so I had to stop with the painting - too lazy to go outside and drag the front end of Ole Blue in and get started on that - yeah I know I am way behind on this - but eh - there are TWO jeeps down there I am working on and the wife's master bathroom is totally redone and the full shower with Traverntine tile.

DH will understand the front right hand cowl pic so I wanted a couple good shots of that when it was done to pass on to them (Amy & DH)

PB - now I know where ya came up with the color for the Tee shirts - good thing - cause Deb will not know I spilled or sprayed my self :jumpin:.

There is the epoxy primer I used - note there is rust inhibitive in this product - and I had to dig out my air tank respirator and clean out all the spiders of it to spray this stuff - like on I used on the CARC as well - for those that do not know - do not screw around with this product - it will kill you if not used properly - that includes sanding the stuff off as well. As well for those not use to it - TOTALLY strip down your spray equipment and clean it out right after using it - if you miss a spot - kiss your guns goodbye. (and yes I strip and clean mine out with acetone and lube them when done)

I did decide I am spraying the body in CARC 383 woodland when it is ready

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, it looks so good! [thumbzup]

Status
Not open for further replies.