• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pulling tractor with a deuce engine

JP

The class I pull in is called classic super stock. The tractors have to be 1970 or older, limited to one turbo, limited to 531 cu. in. and they all have to use the roosamaster injection pump.

A true super stock tractor has multiple turbos and they usually run huge injection pumps. Our roosamaster pumps will pump about 400 ccs but a superstock pump will pump atleast 1,100 ccs and some probably even more. The boost pressure in our class don't usually get over 50 psi but a superstock will run 200 psi of boost and maybe more. The superstock tractors usually have atleast 2,000 hp.

Our class is for the guys who want to have a little fun but don't have the big bucks like the big boys.

Here is a few more pictures. The turbo is not on but you can see how the tractor manifolds are different than the ld manifolds.

Here is picture of the tractor in its early stages. You can see the army green ld-465 engine in there.

Say, JP

mind if I ask who does your pump and injector work..

also, since the MAN type-M combustion system is designed to put part of the fuel on the piston bowl surface, and have it ignite after vaporizing... I would imagine this is a 'diesel-fuel-only' arrangement now... what does the initial injection timing work out to now?

thanks again
Dave

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Video would be terrific!:-D

It's been over 2 years since the last post on this thread and the guy has 6 posts(all on this thread). Might be a while before the video comes out!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, Since this old thread was revived, I went looking and found this for sale on the internet. I don't figure Oliver would run anything in this that was suspect in power or longevity.

Attachments

bgekky3

There are plenty of videos on youtube. Just do a search. Maybe JP got tired of all the it can't be done, it's a low rpm low hp motor threads. I don't think tractor designers designed their machines for pulling competitions. Some people take what they have and make something happen with it.

Well jp we have a 1950-t that on friday afternoon we pulled injectors and lines put the bigguns on and swapped pumps and nothing stayed with us for years till a big red 966 came a long . not even the baddest tractor Macon Bacon would run with us in open classes it was one bad Waukey till a person of bad humor stuffed a rag in the oil fill tube for us . Can you spell TOAST

Monkeyboyarmy

I think that I saw this tractor pull last year at a fair in western Pa.I was very impressed.They had some tuning issues but it sounded like he was turning 6000 rpm.I talked to him after the pull and he said it was an all stock bottom end.Didn't see him this year.Darn

Hi there, I need help, I am compiling a website especially for tractor videos, to date I have gathered 357 unique farming tractor males and I hope to record every tractor make and model ever made. In particular I am looking for pictures and videoss of rare antique tractors, such as Farmhall, Fairbanks Morse or Massey-Harris. If you are in a position to help, drop me a line at admin (at) youtractor.com. Any content you provide will remain your property and you will be credited with it.

I look forward to hearing from you

Patrick Malloney

tm america

what did the motor come from was it from a deuce or from the tractor.i'm wondering if the rods and lube system are the same or heavier duty seems like that the weak link other than the melt down problem i turned my fuel up on my ldt 465 i'm getting just under 30psi of boost but only run it up to 2700 or 2800 rpm i would love to be able to run it up to 3200 or 3400 rpm safely .i think it would be making 40psi at that rpm.i got a guy i work with that is an engine builder id like to drop a ldt or lds off to him to see what we could do to make it live at high rpm.do you have your tractor intercooled or just aftercooled

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have any tractor pictures. If someone does, they would probably send them, but most people here have trucks instead.

dozer1

Pretty cool thread. Since finding out awhile ago that they used a hercules engine in some white tractors, I have kinda been keeping my eye out for a blown up 2-135 White. Be pretty cool to have a multi in one for a chore tractor.