• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quick and Easy Winch Mount

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude! What is up with the upside down pics? I haven't even had any beer yet and it's making me dizzy.

brazengoat06

Using the 2 inch receiver tube method, how are you all keeping the entire mount from flopping around since the shackle tubes aren't quite the perfect size? Also has anyone tried using a 1.5 inch to 2 inch receiver adapter instead of the tube? It won't fit until grinding some down but would fit better and on the inside of the shackle tube hopefully providing extra strength.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone used the shackle mount types yet when you are really stuck/pulling? Seems like it would bend rather easy??

KAISERM715

I know it's an old thread but what size pin did you go with ..... Standard trailer hitch pin or did you make the 2 tubes a bigger hole to accommodate the original size pin? Seems like the smaller trailer hitch pins would give a bit of slop and not be as strong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks