• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P--SHOOTINIRON--James Ruman

jasonjc

I too do not have the words to say. Sorry and RIP just does not seem to be enough. I hope he is in a better place now.

McCrackin

Terrible news, Sunday prayers will be in his honor in my church. Makes me think about what I could do to protect myself and passengers. I thinking a pair of curved roll bars like you see in an AC Cobra...I'll give it some thought.

olewhiskey

Terrible news, Sunday prayers will be in his honor in my church. Makes me think about what I could do to protect myself and passengers. I thinking a pair of curved roll bars like you see in an AC Cobra...I'll give it some thought.
Copy That, went and measured mine for that today.
Working on my wrecked M35A3 today and thinkin about Shootiniron.

Cleptomaniac

Revelation 21:4
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

jleasure

Sending my condolences for James and his family... Although I never met this man, the support he is receiving here speaks volumes about his character. He has clearly impacted many people in a positive way. His family should be proud to know that so many people held him in such high regard. I hope his family continues to visit the site and I hope that we can band together to provide any assistance that is needed in this time of tragedy.

ARYankee

I know what you mean DH, this has been weighing heavy on me all day. I keep coming back to this post like there is going to be a change in status or there's unfinished work. Can't really explain it but I'm sure many of you know exactly what I mean. Looking at the number of replies on this thread shows the closeness of our community and the bond we all share. My only regret is I never knew James personally. I pray that God will be with his wife, his friends, fellow steelsoldiers, and family members to help them through this unexpected and untimely passing.
I too have been doing the same thing. My wife and I have talked about it several times today. I never knew him but it weighs heavy on my mind. RIP fellow SS brother!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SteelSoldiers Benevolence Fund

WM has a good idea here.

After consulting via PM, I will be creating the SteelSoldiers Benevolence Fund, and will be posting a thread within the Chaplains Corner sometime this weekend. In it, I will do my best to outline the basics.

I do not want to hijack this thread, but many subscribed here will want to be looking for that thread in the near future. (I'll post the link here as well.)

ALSO:
Does anyone have contact info for James Ruman's family? ...Please PM to me.

Thank you.
John
The afore proposed SteelSoldiers Benevolence Fund has been created !

For details...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/chaplains-corner/71984-steelsoldiers-benevolence-fund.html

Last edited:

Truckoholic

This is such a sad thing! I was actually reading his post today about recovering that M35A3, and then it wasn't til AFTER I read that, that I found out what happened. It was just too weird of a feeling to then realize that the person who was telling us all about his recovery was no longer with us. Just makes me sick! I've been kind of down, thinking about the whole thing all day since finding out about this.

What a tragic unexpected way for an otherwise successful recovery to end! Hopefully his deuce went to heaven with him...........

maxxplanck

Its hard because on this site we are a big family, Iv talked with SS members on the phone for the first time and you would think we were best friends. Iv also needed help and info and many have steped forward to go out of there way to help. And Iv made some good friends locally that are SS members. And when you meet SS members for the first time at a Mv show or swap meet its like you have know them all your life. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Last edited:

lonegunman

Speechless. This is beyond terrible. Everytime I'm on the interstate I keep a weary eye in the mirrors for some guy in a semi or something to plow into me.

Prayers to the family.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks