• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilding MY m101a2 BY harleyhouse

harleyhouse

No brakes on the trailer, Just the brakes on the tow vehicle 2500HD crew cab.
Tows just fine even when loaded. Although I would not want to tow it with anything smaller.
Hand brakes do not work without drums, I do miss not having hand brakes. I live on a hill and they would be useful when parking the trailer.

John Galt

It is wise to keep the drums and hand brakes if you dont plan to swap the axle. The parking brakes are probably one of the features I like most about these trailers. Should be standard on every trailer. Put a caster on the landing gear and they are very maneuverable by hand on hard surfaces. Lock one wheel and you can spin it around easily.

Loosing the surge brake is a good idea. They are junk IMO. Go without or go electric with backing plates that have the brake lever. I tow mine with a 1/2 ton and it pulls/stops fine but it is a Toyota.....

Next time I will add electric brakes or get a new axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks