• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovered XM963 deuce prototype today.

jw4x4

I don't see the exhaust stack.
Take a closer look at 4th pic. The exhaust appears to be behind the cab on the passenger side, just like the 939 series. But the muffler is below the frame, behind the step box. The spare tire davit is also visible.

Last edited:

jw4x4

Jw4x4 that is the air cleaner behind the step on the passenger side, wonder why? Why not put it in the same place as the 939 series? What's under the driver side door?
Its difficult to tell for certain by looking at the pics. Whichever it is on the passenger side, its appears as though its smaller than the air filter housing on the 939, leading me to believe it was the muffler. Perhaps John will chime in. This truck is definitely the missing link between the 800 and 939 series. Interesting too is the close proximity of the exhaust outlet to the air intake.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
The fuel tank is under the drivers door,air cleanernext to the exhaust stack,full air brakes,no data plates.Besides the oddball suspension,I like the truck.

camoyj7

Thats a very cool truck. Love to see what the front hub looks like behind the front wheel. Wonder how thet changed the 2 1/2 axle to get ten lugs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks