• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reviving the 83 ford with LDS 5 ton drive line

Kayne

I now have pics but phone won't upload them. About 10pm tonight ill have them up, also am willing to text them to someone to post for me if they would like. My number is 912 856 4696

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You gotta love it.

It takes a lot of pluck to do something like that! [thumbzup]

:beer:

Katahdin

I made it a little easier to see under the side view of the hood. I would love to see and hear some video of this thing rolling down the road!

Attachments

barefootin

AWESOME back yard hill billy engineering at it's finest!!! I LOVE it!!!:D

Now we just need to understand what transmission is behind that beautiful multi and how they have been joined in holy matrimony.

Reverse engineering is a must on this project.........

Kayne

Well guys im off tomorrow and will be headed down there. I will get pics of the trans and T case. As for how the engine was installed. the body was lifted off the frame and suspended over the truck. The engine was then set into the frame and hooked up. next the body was modded to fit back in place. the long bed dually bed was replaced with a short bed and a large home made fuel tank installed. the frame is reinforced. All the above was reinforced with grade A american steel. any idea where the trans ID tags normally are?? As for getting her running again i need 2 new batterys and to do a oil change and fuel filters, also clean out the fuel lines and tank, does anyone know where i can get the filters for this thing?? also what about engine oil weight?? Trying to find the right info in the manuals on here are like finding a needle in a hay stack or its just me. Help with that would be awesome

212sparky

If you look at the tm for the m35a2 it will cover the engine. Alos their is a sticky on the deuce forum that should list the filters. You can get them from napa. Oil is rotella t 15_40. It takes 22 quarts. Enjoy. :)

shenkmen

Well guys im off tomorrow and will be headed down there. I will get pics of the trans and T case. As for how the engine was installed. the body was lifted off the frame and suspended over the truck. The engine was then set into the frame and hooked up. next the body was modded to fit back in place. the long bed dually bed was replaced with a short bed and a large home made fuel tank installed. the frame is reinforced. All the above was reinforced with grade A american steel. any idea where the trans ID tags normally are?? As for getting her running again i need 2 new batterys and to do a oil change and fuel filters, also clean out the fuel lines and tank, does anyone know where i can get the filters for this thing?? also what about engine oil weight?? Trying to find the right info in the manuals on here are like finding a needle in a hay stack or its just me. Help with that would be awesome
What, no data plates on the dash?

Atomic

Kayne, I know when and how to be man. So I am sorry that I doubted your story. We on this site have been through the tall tales before and the pictures never come through. You did.

Welcome to the site, great first post and we look forward to more pictures. Also, we want to see that thing at the GA rally next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks