• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ricks Deuce build

bigginstactical

This is the first deuce i have over owned, and for that matter ever even road in! I'm addicted all ready! I have had it less then a week and am already starting in on repainting it. I have big plans but we will see how that goes.

Attachments

AZDeuce

Rick

Nice truck, and a nice shop to work in, you're going to have a blast in the Deuce, they are GREAT off road although without lockers ad/or a winch you will want o avoid mud at all costs, but other than that they are pretty invinsible. Good luck with your new truck, and the painiting.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice hardtop, nice truck! Best of luck in your endeavors, keep us posted!

bigginstactical

I plan on removing the back of the cab on the deuce and the front of this sleeper and then attaching them to make one solid cab! I'm a big guy and would will love the extra space. I plan on leaving the doors in the sleeper and making shelves. Should be awesome! Was also able to get the hood in final primer, just have to pick a color now.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigginstactical

So planned on taking the back of the cab off this weekend but ran into some problems. I mistakenly smashed an air line in the worst possible spot so had to spend about five hours running around and fixing the line. I still managed to remove the top and seats. Today after work i took the back off finally.

Attachments

bigginstactical

I'm leaving the frame the same. Cutting the bed about 23 inches or so in the back and installing the tailgate again. I want as much bed length as i can and extra room in the cab! :) I thought about putting the trailer bed on but i just can't bring myself to cut up a perfectly good trailer haha.

bigginstactical

Changed the oil yesterday, fairly straight forward job. Went to shut it off and the darn thing wouldn't shut off haha! Had to adjust the fuel shut off and got it working right. Hope to start attaching the sleeper soon.

bigginstactical

After work I installed the piece i made to attach to the original cab. The grey color is POR15 used to seal up some rust and essentially kill it. If you have never used it buy some! Works great but buy in black not grey. I used structural adhesive and 12 grade 8 bolts to attach the piece. Ill weld and gusset it that piece to the other structure I built to beef everything up.

Attachments

bigginstactical

Changed the fuel filters yesterday, simple task. I purchased a filter plate and some fittings to convert the primary to a spin on. Cost about 75 bucks verses buying a complete kit from someone else. In the process I figured out that my fuel pump doesn't work at all. Checked the fuse and all good, so I bought a 24 volt inline pump and plan to just cut the line and install it instead of spending a fortune on a new in-tank pump. Plus I would have to drop the tank to remove said pump because the new cab wont allow it to come all the way out. Today (saturday) me and my girlfriend cut modified and and tacked in place most the vertical pieces. I also removed and fitted a chevy bench seat for the back in the new extra cab. The plan for tomorrow is to cut the verticals to final height and install the horizontal top caps and the back piece of the roof. Hope to be able to finalize everything and start burning it all in good. More pics to come.

Attachments

Changed the fuel filters yesterday, simple task. I purchased a filter plate and some fittings to convert the primary to a spin on. Cost about 75 bucks verses buying a complete kit from someone else. In the process I figured out that my fuel pump doesn't work at all. Checked the fuse and all good, so I bought a 24 volt inline pump and plan to just cut the line and install it instead of spending a fortune on a new in-tank pump. Plus I would have to drop the tank to remove said pump because the new cab wont allow it to come all the way out. Today (saturday) me and my girlfriend cut modified and and tacked in place most the vertical pieces. I also removed and fitted a chevy bench seat for the back in the new extra cab. The plan for tomorrow is to cut the verticals to final height and install the horizontal top caps and the back piece of the roof. Hope to be able to finalize everything and start burning it all in good. More pics to come.
I dunno if it was so obvious that it just never crossed your mind, or if other clearance issues prohibit, but how about an access panel in the bottom of the sleeper so you can get to the pump, fuse and float on the top of the tank? You could make it a hinged panel with a bolt or two holding it shut, or you can dril 6 bolt holes around the opening, slip some 1/2"-long 1/4x20 bolts, into the floor from the underside up, and put wing nuts on the top of them, then tack-weld the heads on the bottom so you can just drop the cover on the bolts and secure it with the wing nuts. You're only limited by your creativity! Have fun with it!
:popcorn:

bigginstactical

That's my plan! Something similar anyways. No matter what I can't remove the pump without dropping the tank so ill make access so I can get to all the fittings. Also a panel to get to the e brake for servicing and repaire. Thanks for the ideas though! Keep EM coming!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks