• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rim and tire set up

M1009

I have 35's on mine and they work great! with a six inch lift... does not bind or rub, they are on 15 inch rims. I have chewed thru these tires over the years so i have some TOYO open country Muds on order I ordered them 6 months ago still not in! - very hard to find tire, I know this because my father in law is a TOYO wholesaler.

Attachments

CPAPPY

its not a cucv but same idea. this truck has a cross over steer conv. 39.5-18-15, 12in spring lift and i beat the snot out of it. no frame cracking problems yet. I am NOT saying it dosnt happen but if you run a 12.50 wide tire and arn't hard wheeling i think you will be fine as far as the frame goes.2cents
Great looking truck . I wish I could explode the view to larger picture .
Thanks anyway.

CPAPPY

I'm running 15/42/15 super swampers. Anyone who says the 6.2 is way under powered with big tires doesn't know what they are talking about. Its all about gear ratio and how to use it, wheel speed isn't everything. 4 low makes it a whole different beast.
Sounds great ,do you have any pictures. And how much trimming did you have.

CPAPPY

I have 35's on mine and they work great! with a six inch lift... does not bind or rub, they are on 15 inch rims. I have chewed thru these tires over the years so i have some TOYO open country Muds on order I ordered them 6 months ago still not in! - very hard to find tire, I know this because my father in law is a TOYO wholesaler.
Nice photos ,what size tire are those.

jimmy-90

Figured since you asked what kinda tires we run on our trucks id put up a couple pics of what I have on my civi truck. These are Denman Groundhawg 2's. They are directional terra tread tires like you would expect to see on machinery like back hoes or bobcats. Even though they look very aggressive they ride very smooth and quiet since they are radials and not bias plys. They don't sing or roar at all. You don't seem to see alot of them around anymore but they are still available. I used to use the truck that they are on to commute about 100 miles a day with no problems. They are very street friendly unlike swampers or boggers. they ride more like all terains. I've also had good luck in the mud with them since they dig really well and make alot of foward thrust. I would have to say that they are the best mud tire I have ever owned. The only draw back is the price. The radial groundhawgs are insanely expensive compared to bias ply mud tires. But like with everything else you get what you pay for. If you don't mind the rough ride and short tread life they are available in bias too for alot less. The tires in the pics are 36 X 14s and the rims are 15 X 10 extreme steel type 51s

Attachments

ODdave

the 12 bolts where recentered with C&M centers welded in them. I have the same tires but in a 36in on my m37 and i love them. mainly plowing snow and in the dirt (not a ton of road time) but they are sweet off road. Buddy of mine had the 37's on a 94 dodge and they whern't to bad on road as far as noise. Its hard to say how they handeled, ya know it was a dodge hehe..

CPAPPY

Do you just cut out the old and weld in the new center . Or is there there other maching you have to do . Do they run pretty true .

True Knight

I'm running Nitto Mud Grapplers- 37x13.5r17 with a 4' lift. The rims are Moto Metal. I did install a steering crossover so that i could get lock to lock without rubbing, and cut a little off the fenders so the tires would clear those too.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks