• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod Ventilated Block in Deuce -NOT- Crank Broke

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sometimes I get a little carried away in my story telling. ;-)

I have the next 5 days off so I'm going to get it into the barn and start pulling stuff off of it.
I'm headed down to see Matt, but should be back around 3-4. Why don't you just meet me at Crusher's and we can load up another motor to put in it? Start taking the wires and rad out/off.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your cat avatar is kinda freaking me out.

I'd like to listen to it and see how much it costs first and is it upright or on its side?

;-)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you will Kenny. I have always wanted to rebuild and engine completely but I would not rob your parts to do it. Set off flares or smoke to amuse people yes, use your parts, no.

:)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cargo truck sold last night. Have a deal in mind for the crane. Soon I'll be deuceless with these worthless holes.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I missed your call Steve... Hiding out in the camper at the moment. Mine didn't leak any oil, nor did it vibrate. Was idling and went bang. Let us know what you figure out. Bring it up here and we could have a motor swapping party with yours and the M108.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem Dennis. Gimp and I are dreaming up something. I have two trucks and he suggested getting the brakes fixed on number two so I can get a truck back on the road and then pull the engine.

Can you work on one sitting in a can or would a custom built stand be better?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the can is fine for most things. Not so sure about crankshaft or piston liner work.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp and I went on a two hour tour to pick up his "new" hydraulic crane for the bed of his Deuce and when we got back we stopped up the street and I bought two stationary gantry cranes.

When we got to the house it took us over an hour to get the truck backed into its spot in the barn where I am pulling the engine. At Stretch's suggestion I may just pull the whole engine pack at once and roll the truck back out of the way.

If all else fails I know now my backhoe will pickup the whole front of the truck so I can move it.

Now to find an engine.

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics of the assembly of the gantry crane to get started on pulling the power pack. I'm going to pull it as one unit, radiator, engine and transmission.

JW showed up just in time to be put to work today and Gimpy was already in the AO.

Thanks guys, I'd never have got it together myself.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If that's a one ton gantry crane, Jerry's new tractor is a 1/4 ton.

That thing is epic.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks

I will test it by picking up the entire front of the truck BEFORE I ever get under it.

My Brother got the 21 foot long version. They came out of a GM plant here in Dayton. I tried to buy all three but the guy wanted to keep one.

rbeasley66

Bummer SW, hope it works out well for you. It seems the Good Friends up there are really helping you out, just like they did for me!
If it makes you feel any better, I'm still getting the pink frothy stuff out of the ten09's transmission aua

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If that's a one ton gantry crane, Jerry's new tractor is a 1/4 ton.

That thing is epic.
That top I-beam used to be 20ft wide. It was rated at 1ton at 20ft span. You can tell where it had been cut down. I can say that with confidence as the on Steve's brother got is still 20ft wide.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I'd find some heavy duty casters to put under that gantry. Otherwise you'll have to roll the truck backwards to remove the engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks