• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sarge rides again!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh he is alive and well, just busily working on other things. And like Sam said, easily distracted! I'll remind him of his promise to tell the tale, and nudge him toward the computer where not having his pen is no longer a valid excuse for procrastination.. :)

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a veteran biker, let me say I am MOST jealous! I would think about picking up a poncho liner and a rubber lady.... can't hurt to have them along!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
its a old tread but still wanting to hear from sarge. i sent a pm while back but no reply. i was curious about his trip and if he got the bike all fixed up. im glad he got back in one peice. i am a lucky man myself as i know i have just a few freinds that would come and get me. an i would do the same for them TIm

scooter01922

Glad someone brought this thread back to life. After reading the tanker recovery thread it got me thinking about this sure to be interesting tale to be told.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will go poke the bear again, maybe tell him he can't have any more tea until he writes it up...
(That's more of a threat than it sounds to most of you! :twisted:)

Or I might threaten to tell the tale of that haircut...

Cheers

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, I think I will tell that haircut tale anyway.

Are we sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin-
One day Sarge is sitting at the farm and tires of working on the herd of OD assembled there.
“What shall I do now?” he ponders, “get a tattoo? No, too complicated. I know, my Brain Housing Group is looking a bit shabby, I’ll give meself a haircut!”
How does one do this alone with no mirror, you ask? Well, you put on your soft cover and use your clippers to shave off everything that sticks out. It doesn’t take long.

Moving on to that evening-
I have been invited over to dinner at Sarge’s house. I am met at the door by his lovely but long-suffering girlfriend who tells me quietly, though her irritation shows, that Sarge has given himself said haircut. In conspiratorial tones she asks could I possibly say something to him about it and how it looks. I go in, and Lo! There the haircut is! Everything from mid-cranium down is shaved, everything above that is hair about 2.5” long. And he had his hat on crooked when he did it. He looks like a rat had gnawed on his head.
Now, being the thoughtful soul I am, always tactful and sensitive to the feelings of others (where is that laughter coming from?) I said something gentlemanly, like “Good grief man, it looks like a bloody rat gnawed on your head!”
Sarge, looking slightly pained: “Oh, you don’t like it??”

After some discussion, I ask his girlfriend if she would like me to try to do something about the state of his head, she says “Oh, would you?” and looks relieved.
I convince Sarge that his hair couldn’t possibly stay in its current rodent-induced condition, so with clippers in hand we head for the garage. A brief discussion on popular styles, some quick clipper work on the part of yours truly, and we are done. Sarge walks into the house and proudly shows his girlfriend his new white Mohawk haircut.
She gives him a rather displeased look, then turns a scathing glare on me, the likes of which I had only previously received from my ex.

Now, gentle reader, before you judge me too harshly, consider the altruistic reasons I had for participating in this miscreant deed. When I arrived that evening, she was approximately 88% mad at Sarge. After she saw the Mohawk, she was 44% mad at him and 44% mad at me. I am no Doctor of Connubial Confrontation, but I do know that is a 50% reduction in the strain on their relationship!
And in my own defense, I didn’t know he would wear the Mohawk for weeks.

Rather surprisingly, she still allowed me my dinner. I told you she is a lovely girl.

reloader64

I am a new member of Lone Star MVPA. When I joined in November '08, I was immediately taken under wing by Rory. Turns out he and Sarge own adjoining properties about 2 miles from my shop. I have been priveliged to spend time at their place, listening to stories on multiple subjects. I haven't met anyone in years who tells stories as well as these two. And yes, I was invited to have tea.:-D I know Sarge is busy, but I hope he finds the time to type the story. I will add my voice to Rory's at the next meeting.

Scott

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, Sarge was quite receptive of the idea, and a little guilty feeling for not posting the story sooner. One of those things where you just don't realize how much time is passing, and how quickly, while you are telling yourself "I must get that done".
So, look for it in the not-too-distant future, but don't hold your breath.

Heckler, assuming you want the bike, not a Sarge, they are pretty rare and expensive. Keep looking, they turn up occasionally.

Cheers

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry to hijack but Heckler, I have one that I will be listing on Ebay shortly, just waiting to complete the Registration and get the pink slip, its only a 250 though, not 650 like Sarge's.

Barrman

Sarge and I talked for almost an hour after the meeting. About M818's and trailers though. The bike trip never really came up. Sorry, I lost my focus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks