• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sarge rides again!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I ended up coming back from Mammoth a day early. Sarge is going to have an amazing ride through the Eastern Sierras. It was an absolutely beautiful drive home. Lots of motorcyclists riding solo. Cant wait to hear about his trip!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You must have nerves of steel and brass bal...er never mind. I would never have tried this most excellent adventure even when i was young...yesterday.
God speed and keep you safe.

saddamsnightmare

July 26th, 2008. [thumbzup]

Sarge:

From all the stuff you're going to be carrying, try to set the LC1 or the dufflebag with shoulder straps so that the bikes seat or frame takes most of the weight..... Better if you can strap it to the bike's frame or seat by itself. The reason I mention this is, from my experience with road bikes, is that if you hit a dip or bump, the backpack or duffle bag's going to first bounce up then down... giving your back a terrible wrench.... Also the mere weight of it pulling on your shoulders after several hours will cause discomfort....
And remember, Dirt Bikes, whether military or civillian, tend to have long travel firm springing, and you are going to know about every pothole or bump by the time you get home. Good luck, and we'll be keeping an eye out ( and a prayer going) for you, and shall await your return to Texas.... Once you get back, the bike'll probably save you some gas over the deuce... Good Luck, and Godspeed....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare", Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran truck
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen-set APU
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unuimog, S.404.114 MB

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm trying to get a fire going, but there's no smoke to signal with!
He went down to visit a buddy near LA over the weekend, should have hit the road for home this morning. He really does not call much when he travels.
His girlfriend doesn't do cell phones either, so I will call her this evening when she gets home from work and see if there is any news, I'll let y'all know.

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, Sarge made it across Death Valley. He is alive and well.

Of course, being a Sarge trip, it has not been without 'entertainment', but you will have to await his post-trip report to hear the details.

Updates as they come in.

Cheers.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! (I don't know how to do the rolling laughy face or I would put it here)

No rounds expended so far, but hey, he is only 1/3 of the way back!

littlebob

A crazy trip alone, but if successeful it would be a great experience! I wish you luck and you will be in my prayers tonight and untill you get home safely.

littlebob

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, update-
Sarge is in Flagstaff, the bike is ailing, pushing it further may cause major damage, so with discretion being the better part of valour....

I am departing at 0-dark-30 to pick up Sarge and the bike. He wants to sit on the bike on the trailer and squint so as to not re-e-e-ally see my truck ahead of him and continue 'riding' back to Texas. I suggested maybe he just stick his head out the window...

Cheers

M813rc said:
He wants to sit on the bike on the trailer and squint so as to not re-e-e-ally see my truck ahead of him and continue 'riding' back to Texas. I suggested maybe he just stick his head out the window...
:funny:

But atleast we know he will be coming home safely and will for sure have a good story to tell.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks