• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USAFSS-ColdWarrior, you sure you don't wanna make that drive?
LOL- I would LOVE to... However, I have a few factors working against me at the moment....
1. Clutch linkage failure on the Deuce (working on a replacement part from another SS Member).
2. Just changed jobs (now an independent agent/self employed, but still in the funeral pre-arrangement business) and need to get the cash flow stabilized.
3. Time is fast approaching and I'd need just a bit more to be confident that the ARK would make the longer trip.

Hope all y'all have a wunnerful time !

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You act like a 12 hour drive in a deuce is a big deal. LOL!
rofl

It's no act - I'm a glutton for punishment :jumpin::driver::jumpin:

Besides.... it wouldn't be JUST a 12-hour drive.... It would be an ADVENTURE :deadhorse:
.....aua
..........:beer:
.................:cookoo:
.........................[thumbzup]
...............................:driver:
............................................:jumpin:
Yup... 12 hours and never left the state ! ! !

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm heading to 54Reo's in a couple weeks to swap the 16.00x20's for 11.00x20's. The truck is too light for those big tires on the highway. Offroad they would be the grail, but 99% of what I do is on pavement at 40MPH or better. ass-u-me ing this works out, I'll bring the beast out. Yall say a prayer all goes well. I have a co-driver volunteered also, my friend Jack, who was at the TX-OK-AR rally a few years ago. IIRC he cooked up some really good chow so if a hand is needed in that area..

Mudstone

Guys i'm not sure that i will be able to make it... i just started college for the first time and well... it's been a shock to my mind and body. I'll keep you all informed as time progresses. If i do come I will definitely have my buddy Eli with me. he's the guy with the wheelchair. I talked to him and he said "if there is a will there is a way" If possibly one would be willing to help me "toss" him into my truck that would be huge. If not... well i have ratchet straps. I'm certain we can make it work with him as he's surprisingly self sufficient.

I'm going to see how the next week or so goes with school and update then.

Other side is that my rear dif on the m1009 has been acting strange. I fear the Gov-bomb may be striking. I'm going to pull the cover this weekend and hopefully not cry.

Bottom line. I'll be in touch and thanks for the info and support with everything.

nofearnohope

Mudstone, show up if you can, but remember that your education comes first.
As far as your friend is concerned, we will all do everything we can to make him feel welcome and comfortable.

bambambam22

Hay check this out. :jumpin:Maverick1701 pulled up in my driveway yesterday. Hew was driving by and saw my trucks and just stopped in by chance. He almost got himself shot :evil: but I'll let him tell you about that but in the end I was very glad he stopped and hope he stopped by next time he is out my way. [thumbzup] He is the first person I have ever met in person from SS and that is kind of cool, ( and to think I almost shot him, it would have been a tragedy ) that is until I get to the Rally but now I am looking forward to it even more and Maverick1701 is coming also so I think that will be at lest 3 of us caravanning down to Bryan together unless we can gather more. FYI everyone we are coming from the Texas panhandle. Amarillo is in the center of the big square at the top of Texas for those like myself that are geographically challenged. PS we need a smiley face with a GUN!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hay check this out. :jumpin:Maverick1701 pulled up in my driveway yesterday. Hew was driving by and saw my trucks and just stopped in by chance. He almost got himself shot :evil: but I'll let him tell you about that but in the end I was very glad he stopped and hope he stopped by next time he is out my way. [thumbzup] He is the first person I have ever met in person from SS and that is kind of cool, ( and to think I almost shot him, it would have been a tragedy ) that is until I get to the Rally but now I am looking forward to it even more and Maverick1701 is coming also so I think that will be at lest 3 of us caravanning down to Bryan together unless we can gather more. FYI everyone we are coming from the Texas panhandle. Amarillo is in the center of the big square at the top of Texas for those like myself that are geographically challenged. PS we need a smiley face with a GUN!
Llast thing we need is a good old Texas stand off.. :funny:

bambambam22

That is hailarious. That is exactly how I look when I hold my gun Except I wear a cowboy hat and my eyes are green and I dont wear white gloves and my eyebrows are not that bushey and my skin is more a pasty white and my teeth are the yellow part, but other than that I look exactly like that!!!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is hailarious. That is exactly how I look when I hold my gun Except I wear a cowboy hat and my eyes are green and I dont wear white gloves and my eyebrows are not that bushey and my skin is more a pasty white and my teeth are the yellow part, but other than that I look exactly like that!!!

Yup nopics
"Same-Thing-Only-Different" syndrone for sure :idea:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks