• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

Maverick1701

Yup nopics
"Same-Thing-Only-Different" syndrone for sure :idea:

dont worry!! i have pics!!!!
i wasnt going to post a pic of the project in his shop but i found that he mentioned it in some threads earlier so Im going to post the pic

It was a really chance encounter....my gps took me some strange way and i just happened to see all these deuces. I passed it then thought "nah, what the ****...ill stop...at least if anything i can get another local SS member"

So i flipped a U and pulled up to his rhino lining shop. Got some deuce pictures then bambam comes out and asks what i was taking pics of...I thought oh crap im in trouble lol thankfullly that wasnt the case.

We BSd about deuces and MVs for a while....he is also the first SS member I have met in person which was pretty neat.

also how much to line the bed of my deuce bambam? (and mayve he floor of the cab)

als do you mind if I steal your idea for mounting extralights? i have been trying to think of a way to do it w/out adding extra bars or other crap

Attachments

Last edited:

Maverick1701

you can write my name on the list in pen now....I am going to be there

all of yall west tx guys...when were you thinking about leaving w/the convoy?
if we leave saturday morning we will get there just in time to go to bed. just to wake up sunday in time to drive back for work monday

How does friday morning or thursday sound? The G/F and I are taking off thurs and friday so either day works good for us...but I would rather leave thursday (that way we have all day fri/sat to wheel/play)
let us know

Last edited:

nofearnohope

you can write my name on the list in pen now....I am going to be there

all of yall west tx guys...when were you thinking about leaving w/the convoy?
if we leave saturday morning we will get there just in time to go to bed. just to wake up sunday in time to drive back for work monday

How does friday morning or thursday sound? The G/F and I are taking off thurs and friday so either day works good for us...but I would rather leave thursday (that way we have all day fri/sat to wheel/play)
let us know
We don't have the off road park until 6pm Friday evening. I am taking Friday off as well to make sure I have everything together and set up, so I'll be around if you get here early. My thought was ya'll may want to drive to Ft Worth Thurs evening and then finish the trip Friday with the people coming from Dallas. Just my 2cents

Mudstone

ok update as follows...

I'm still in pencil as i donno what the next month has in store for me and the ol lady... she's not well. I will pay attention and see if i can get things stabalized in time for this get together.

Barrman

We will have children there, so as long as you consume in a polite way, not a problem. Most of the camp fires at these kind of events are attended by people who drag a cooler over to the fire with their chairs.

Might be a M715 owner from Lindale coming down.

sti-nkr

No irresponsible drinking, just some places don't like it for the liability.

Maybe he'd like to truck down there with me. My truck's slow, but im sure his isn't much faster.

Maverick1701

I got to see an a3 in person on my trip ......man they are cool. I hope someone will bring one to the rally....I would love to see how it does on the trails.

Barrman

I happened to catch the end of the OU game yesterday while waiting for the race to start. OU is going to be in Kyle Field the Saturday of our Rally. The time of the game has not been set yet because of tv. If it is a mid day game, we might not be able to go anywhere to eat without being in a traffic jam, being the traffic jam or making one worse. Then, finding places to sit and eat for such a large group might be hard.

Night or late afternoon game won't cause us as much trouble I don't think. No matter the game time, we should have a great view of the fly over aircraft from camp.

Just something else to think about when planning what you pack. Might want to include some sandwich fixings in case we don't get a chance to convoy through town as planned.

You guys coming from the north might have to deal with bumper to bumper Sooners for part of your drive too.

nofearnohope

We are staying and eating far enough north of the stadium and most of the football crowd, that this should not be a problem. We also have a room already reserved for us, so that shouldn't be a problem either. Feel free to bring backup supplies just in case something happens to this plan.

OL AG '89

O.k. so who is planning on staying the night at the off road park? I thought that was the "original" plan. IF need be I can possibly get ahold of a bbq pit for everyone to cook the evening meal. I don't plan to travel too heavy as I plan on spending as much time on the trails as practical or until we break something......
My buddy is planning on bringing his travel trailer to hang out in, but am now undecided if there are no "facilities" to plug into.
What is the consensus of the group?
Anybody know how to post a poll?
maybe ask those are for sure coming whether they plan to stay out at BVORR or in a hotel FRI - Sat nights.

Barrman

Camping is the plan and each person taking care of their own meals. Lunch on Saturday is the meal I was writting about.

It just came to me. We can hit Midnight Yell too.