• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of us who weren't paying attention to this hobby a year ago, what happened?
Nobody had to turn their trucks in and in the blink of the eye the trucks were back just like nothing has ever happened. It had even been almost forgoten untill this came up. There have been many "glitches" in the supply line over the years. There was the hold mentioned, the fired case ban, to "no sf97 will be issued", and others that I can't think of at the moment. They all worked theirselfs out. Could be this time it's different but there is a good chance it will just blow over.

nhdiesel

Hang in there NHDiesel! Better times are ahead for you and your wife. It's amazing how quickly things can turn around when you least expect it. Keep on keepin' on!
Thanks guys. I don't mean to come off as whiny or overly impatient. Its just a bad time right now, and besides the obvious financial issues, I was hoping to get into MVs as a hobby as well as make a couple dollars to help with whats going on, as well as to help support the hobby a bit. The combination of GL and the govt. issues have taken much of the fun out of the purchasing of this stuff, and add the stress of kicking myself for buying 2 trucks right before becoming unemployed, and the stress level skyrockets. I've had a few hours to calm down slightly...very slightly.

But I still want my trucks!!! (or a refund...)

Jim

onegmjack

Well on my paperwork for my Deuce,the DMV said GL had bought the truck for the Government.It was written in $900.00,she had figured taxes on that,then looked at my invoice and had to refigure,I paid double what they did.So do they only get buyer fee or double thier money plus the 10%?

blacktop_one

I hope this all gets resolved soon - buying this deuce is my mid-life crisis! I don't wanna have to go buy a stupid looking little red convertible sports car like everybody else does for their mid-life crisis! Gee-whiz!!:shock:

nhdiesel

I hope this all gets resolved soon - buying this deuce is my mid-life crisis! I don't wanna have to go buy a stupid looking little red convertible sports car like everybody else does for their mid-life crisis! Gee-whiz!!:shock:
Pull the top off and you'll be driving a big green convertible. :-D

Jim

frodobaggins

Ya think? lol. Think about this: GL gets a 10% premium from every sale. The opening bid for sales are now $150, so they will get at least $15 from every sale. I'm sure they get paid by the govt. directly for what they do as well. Now, over head. Every GL "office" I've ever been to was on base property. Is it safe to assume they don't pay rent on that office? I've also seen many GL employees at various sites. They didn't exactly graduate top in their class. Hell, I'd bet many didn't graduate from anything. Once site I went to made me think I was in the middle of some gang meeting. Point is I doubt they are out a whole lot for these guy's salaries.

So, on a $2000 truck we pay $200 premium, plus $60 for an SF67 that costs them nothing. Their legwork consists of taking pictures of the items, writing a 2-line description, and listing it on the web site. Once sold, they look at the EUC to make sure its right, and forward it to B.C. Doesn't sound like a lot, considering they made $260.

Now, how about some of these lots that sell for millions? How would you feel if you had to write out an extra $200,000 for a buyer's premium?

Jim
A lot of you seem to think the 10% buyers premium is what GL gets off a sale, that's just an EXTRA, made up fee they get on top.

They get a good percentage of the actual item price PLUS a 10% they tack on because a buyers premium is a "standard industry practice".

They make a bundle on everything sold.

TexAndy

i dont understand how "laundering" a truck so that it can not be traced is legal by any means.

I also imagine that those who take ownership will be held accountable for who they sell it to no matter if they were the original purchaser or not.

i am as mad as anyone but i am also aware that any talk of fraud could lead this nice hobby to the grave for everyone if we are not careful.

we all unfortunately agree to the terms and hope to make the best of them....i
It's a 40+ year old army truck. We're not talking about cocaine money, here.

What's the penalty for failing to fink in this situation, anyways? According to the paperwork, it looks like you just don't get to participate in future government contracts.

Well I don't know about you, comrade, but if the Fed's ever do something so patently absurd as to demand back a bunch of M35A2s, I don't plan on ever doing business with them again anyways.

Hypothetically speaking, anyways. I don't like army trucks. They're icky.

clpo

I guess with everyone torqued at the GL and refusing to bid, some of us will have access to some really cheap trucks..........have I got a deal for you.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That's what I was thinking clpo:!:

Wish there was some way we could find the "naysayers" GL login data. Hmmm...wonder if they are just trying to fake us out:?:

stumps

Mine do.

honestly, if it is the harmless tritium, there should be no issue, but things being as they are, some clown always louses things up. Tritium will have thin glass ampoules in the hands and marks.
It's really quite puzzling. The deuce I just picked up is a 1969, and its gauges are just plain old painted dials and hands. Definitely nothing radioactive about it... and thankfully, it isn't on the list of those needing inspection.

Does anybody have a deuce that has glow in the dark meter dials? I should think that if they were out there, someone would have noticed by now.

-Chuck

clpo

Sorry guys, my last couple of posts don't help and I don't mean to make fun of your situation. I'd be hot too if they had my money and my truck. Again, sorry.

nhdiesel

Just another thought, mostly pulled out of my a$$, but pops into my head and rattles around once in a while. I've had opportunity to talk to currently active military personnel who tald me that many, many military vehicles have been, and are still being, sold to certain foreign powers. (hint: middle east). If there is a large contract, could the government be taking a better look at these trucks here in the states to see how many are in good enough condition to be resold? Then ship the good ones away, and release the worse ones that don't have any real value?

I won't take total credit for these thoughts...others have posted similar thoughts...I just wanted to bring up the conversations I've had, giving a bit more info.

If my head is too far up the long, dark tunnel on this, someone please throw me a flashlight so I can find my way out.

Jim

nhdiesel

Sorry guys, my last couple of posts don't help and I don't mean to make fun of your situation. I'd be hot too if they had my money and my truck. Again, sorry.
No problem here, if I wasn't one of the guys stuck in the middle of this, I'd probably be looking for the silver lining as well. And some of us (with a big finger pointed at myself) made posts I'm sure we regret, written in the heat of anger right after getting the bad news.

I was (still am) extra flared up because I, too, had the kid on Christmas Eve thing going on for the past 2 months, waiting for my EUC. Then Christmas Morning came and I opened my gift and got the Super Wonder Gizmo I was hoping for (my Invoices came in on Thursday), and was all ready to go play with it. But 24 hours later Mom decided the toy is just too dangerous for me to play with, and took it away.

There is something about going from no EUC, to Paid In Full, to On Hold all within 24 hours that drives blood pressure up.

Jim

dk8019

NH,

FMS or Foreign Military Sales already takes place before they go to GL is my understanding. Those countries find out what's coming out, and can buy or be given them, more or less before we see then. What we see or get access to have been picked over many times before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks