• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

croftonaviation

just spoke to the GL rep at FT. campbell. He said they have been told that even if a truck is on the hold list to release the property to the customer with a paid in full invoice. I am going to try to wrangle up some help and go get my truck next week. good luck.

dittle

Freight Dog, it does not appear that the A3's are effected by this hold, just the A2's (unless I haven't read this entire thread properly :roll: )

JTaylor11

This is alot to read in one sitting. So Ive caught the parts this is happening due to a inspection. Is this the reason there is no M35As listed within 400/500 miles of me right now?

greenjeepster

This is alot to read in one sitting. So Ive caught the parts this is happening due to a inspection. Is this the reason there is no M35As listed within 400/500 miles of me right now?
No, the hold is just a glitch. The reason there are none listed in your area right now is because the next Q/B sale does not start until the first week of DEC so many trucks are not listed yet. keep watching, some will pop up.

jimm1009

There is another guy up there that looks like the jolly old man that comes around in December that has a really good thread on alternative heaters as
he sufferes from the same "extended" winter as you. His truck is red in color with a really neat engine that he installed.

It's really really great to have you here. Perhaps you can sooth yourself by reading the "Bibles" that need to come with these wonder green machines.
Start off with the Lube Order (read at least three times) and then then perhaps to the -10 and then the -20 and then on as you see fit.
Almost all the manuals are available on this web site in the oder version under resources. There are many threads on oils and other topics including improvements and customizations that owners have performed.
You can also buy the CD version on e-bay quite often as well as some other vendors that sell them in paper too.
Perhaps you will be able to get your own Christmas Present later this month.
Look at the tools that you may need and start building your "Recovery Kit" too. Small steps, one at at time will get you on the road.

And, Think O.D. Green! :-D:-D:-D:-D

jimm1009 here on S.S.
or e-mail: jimm1009@yahoo.com

Lafayette, Louisiana area (Yankee by birth)

'72 M35A2C
'52 EX105A1
'72 M105A1
'51 M38
'46 CJ2A

nhdiesel

I called today and got an appt. to do my other recovery in Bordentown, NJ tomorrow. Hopefully it will go smoothly. The Knox truck runs awesome, my wife even drove it yesterday!

Jim

govt

I have my m109a3 scheduled for pick up on Thursday. They called me today early...I just knew what they were going to say but instead...."We are closed Wednesday, can we move you to Thursday?" I said...you betcha!

case450

Brought 5 deuces at the frankfort sell looks like three on hold list /applied for f97 three weeks ago got email today from gl all my sf 97 are on hold until they verify that trucks are physically in my possession . They never ask this in past sounds like they need to fill a order of deuces to somalia." if i only knew where my trucks are now "

Chief_919

Brought 5 deuces at the frankfort sell looks like three on hold list /applied for f97 three weeks ago got email today from gl all my sf 97 are on hold until they verify that trucks are physically in my possession . They never ask this in past sounds like they need to fill a order of deuces to somalia." if i only knew where my trucks are now "

Did you not see the note when you went to apply for the SF-97's that they will not proccess any SF-97'suntil the trucks are in your possession?

It stems from the incompetence of GL personnel. They have a long track record of not getting VIN numbers right, and of giving people the wrong lots, so they won't issue the SF-97 until ou actually have the truck and have verified the VIN. That way they can blae you if the info is wrong, and they don't hae a case where GL give Joe your trailer bcause they can't read the lot numbers and you already hold the title.

A competent company would just get the VIN right. Heck, even the GSA gets it right. It speaks volumes when your company can't get it right and the Federal Government is actually capable of doing it correctly, better, and about 20x faster!

Last edited:

Oasis-3

Did anyone notice the larg number of trucks setting in the back ground of some of the newer listings / pictures on GL ? When will the flood gates open LOL