• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

sandcobra164

EUC from 4737 Lot 6362 approved and paid in full invoice received today!!!!!! GEICO Insurance purchased and ready for Wednesday the 23rd to pick up from Ft. Rucker. This truck fell in the group on hold.

JL628

I finally got my trucks. Govliquidation was all over the pace on the hold, fist I had to wait, then they wanted me to pick up my trucks, then I had to wait again, then it went to , "what hold?" "we don't know what you're talking about", "Come get your trucks" Of course, they were robbed during the wait. The headlights are gone, one has a missing alternator, the windshield wipers are gone on one.

The tow truck operator did tell me he had heard a big batch of trucks was about to be auctioned off here in the near future. Don't know if its true or not.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can kinda understand the headlights being robbed, thats an easy item to get.. 3 screws, the bezel comes off, and unplugg the 3 wires, and you now have a headlight.. The generator, thats a PITA to get off...

velociT

I expected some stuff to be missing out of mine due to the hold.

I was pleasantly surprised to find all the usual stuff still there. It sat at Robins AFB for over 6 months.

greenjeepster

I lost all the shackles off of one of my trucks and a jack and a lug wrench.... The other truck which was farther down the line did not have anything lifted off of it.

At pickup I had one truck with a dead batteries and the other was fine. I waited for a slave cable for a while, but then tried and use jumper cables from one truck to the other to get it to start. I finally gave up and just swapped the battery boxes between the trucks. When I went to sign out the GL rep asked how i got the second one started? I told him I had to swap the batteries and his reply was.... (as long as you put your old set in the truck you took the good set from that is fine).... I quickly explained that both sets of batteries belonged to me. I suddenly understood why so much stuff vanishes off of trucks... GL reps are basically okay with it:!:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I lost all the shackles off of one of my trucks and a jack and a lug wrench.... The other truck which was farther down the line did not have anything lifted off of it.

At pickup I had one truck with a dead batteries and the other was fine. I waited for a slave cable for a while, but then tried and use jumper cables from one truck to the other to get it to start. I finally gave up and just swapped the battery boxes between the trucks. When I went to sign out the GL rep asked how i got the second one started? I told him I had to swap the batteries and his reply was.... (as long as you put your old set in the truck you took the good set from that is fine).... I quickly explained that both sets of batteries belonged to me. I suddenly understood why so much stuff vanishes off of trucks... GL reps are basically okay with it:!:
May I submit some unsolicited advice:?:....
Write up your experience. Name names, and document dates and times of these events and GL rep comments.... Then send it certified to both the GL site and their upper management. Facts will get their attention and hopefully change attitudes at the GL sites.
IMHO

Cigarjoe

I won two M1008"s out of Richmond Va. The only reason I bid on then was because one has all fiberglass Racks and troop seats, and the has a tow bar in the bed sticking out from under the tarp in two of the photo's. When I went to recover them the racks and seats were gone off the one and so was the tow bar and tarp and trailer bows in the other one. I did not remover either from the lot and called my lawyer and he in turn called GL main office. So long story short I left there without any trucks, got my money returned and now it looks like I will be getting gas money back also. They did re listed the trucks and they went for much much less money. I think they had a high bid for the same reason I wanted them, and the person or people I was bidding against won something else there and got his EUC first and went and took the stuff. I think they had to have help from the GL site guys to be able to get those racks and seats out of there.

Last edited:

JL628

I finally got my trucks. Govliquidation was all over the pace on the hold, fist I had to wait, then they wanted me to pick up my trucks, then I had to wait again, then it went to , "what hold?" "we don't know what you're talking about", "Come get your trucks" Of course, they were robbed during the wait. The headlights are gone, one has a missing alternator, the windshield wipers are gone on one.

The tow truck operator did tell me he had heard a big batch of trucks was about to be auctioned off here in the near future. Don't know if its true or not.

Today I get another email from govliquidation. The two trucks listed are both mine. Here it is,
Dear Valued Customer,

The DRMS has just notified Government Liquidation that select vehicles sold through Government Liquidation auctions are currently on hold until an inspection of each vehicle has been conducted. A list of affected vehicles is posted below for your reference.

The EUC process will not be affected by this DRMS inspection, if your EUC has been or is approved while this inspection is in process, you will not be able to remove your vehicle until the DRMS inspection has been completed.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Government Liquidation’s Customer Service at info@govliquidation.com

We appreciate your attention.

Sincerely,

Government Liquidation, LLC
480-367-1300

SALE
LOT
SITE
Site Name
DTID
NSN
DESC
QUANTITY
Fort Knox
W805M691750005A
TRUCK,CARGO
Fort Knox
W91R7Q91530001A
TRUCK,CARGO

What the heck is going on with these people????? I already picked up both trucks and had them shipped 1200 miles. Is anyone else getting this?

greenjeepster

No worries: a bunch of us got the same letter... They will be doing an awful lot of traveling if they want to inspect these trucks still....they are all over the country at this point.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks