• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

rz14rt

I will apply for the SF-97s. Don't want to. Understand I must.
Gosh Gunner, if we are over 4 minutes apart I'd be surprised. I'll give you a call.

Preacherboy

I didn't want to have to pay the extra $60 either, but it is a must.

Bob, I still got mine and my dad's titled as a pickup, however they would not put the model as m35a2, they just left that blank.

Gunner, do you know the guy with the 5-ton tractor? I talked to him on the phone and he says he bought a m915 instead.

gunner_bear

Just got my email stating my euc cleared for my 3 deuces :mrgreen:. Looks like i have to make a time to get them over to this side of the state. I think it was stated that all 3 run but 1 had brake issues?? hope my recovery goes well,I have a recovery on thursday in lansing to get my 2 105 trailers:-D Looks like it all comming togather for my bobbed deuce project.

rz14rt

Paperwork

Kudos gunner_bear. You have some nice clear days coming for recovery.
Harley are you still following? Any news on your EUC?
I applied for my SF-97s. When they come I think I should go to an SOS that has processed a Deuce recently. Preacherboy, can you tell me which office you went to?
I finally broke down and built a power-bleeder and now old Brakeless has breaks. My wife has taken the position that I Brakeless is an inappropriate name and I must find another.

Attachments

harleyrkc

Kudos gunner_bear. You have some nice clear days coming for recovery.
Harley are you still following? Any news on your EUC?
I applied for my SF-97s. When they come I think I should go to an SOS that has processed a Deuce recently. Preacherboy, can you tell me which office you went to?
I finally broke down and built a power-bleeder and now old Brakeless has breaks. My wife has taken the position that I Brakeless is an inappropriate name and I must find another.

Yeah I'm still banging my head on the wall waiting.aua

Preacherboy

The SOS's are few and far between nowadays...there is one in Mt. Morris (that is where I went last time) and there is one in Davison, this is where my parents went to transfer title to their name and there is one near the corner of Fenton and Hill roads (this is where i went with the first one).

They really should give you any hassle, if they are unsure of what to do they will look it up in the book and it says "form 97". Unless your truck has a dropside bed I wouldn't let them class it as stake truck or utility (but it is up to you). When they gasp at the weight of the vehicle, just tell them the army over builds everything, and makes everything extra heavy duty...which is true. My dad and I both got ours classified as pickups.

As far as insurance, Millington Insurance right there in town sells Hagerty (if you are going the historical vehicle route), but it must be garage kept. Mine isn't so I went with Gulfway and my bill is a little over $200 per year.

Mitchell

Anyone who says, "you must send the SF97" is wrong! Go ahead if you want to waste $45 and take a month to get a title.

Got mine titled for $15 in Michigan. All I brought was a filled-out "Ownership Certification" (TR-205, NOT TR-54!!!), printout of the auction from the website (so they can link the VIN to the Lot# on the invoice) and the invoice I received when I picked it up. Tell them you need a title issued and they will give the 17 digit VIN to Lansing and you're good to go. I didn't even have to bring them the truck!

Be nice to the SOS lady and overwhelm them with paperwork. First lady I got was (something that rhymes with my name), second attempt, I brought a copy of the auction from the website, and the lady didn't even care about it. Just be friendly and she had to run something with Lansing to make sure it wasn't stolen, fifteen minutes later, they had the title in the mail.

Forget $60 and waiting a month!

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
and that clerk was in violation of mandated procedure for former untitled Government vehicles.

you mentioned a 17 digit vin, Deuces don't have that.

"printout of the auction from the website (so they can link the VIN to the Lot# on the invoice)"
some of the auctions that I have won, have not had the vin number listed, some have had the wrong vin listed.

Mitchell

and that clerk was in violation of mandated procedure for former untitled Government vehicles.

you mentioned a 17 digit vin, Deuces don't have that.

"printout of the auction from the website (so they can link the VIN to the Lot# on the invoice)"
some of the auctions that I have won, have not had the vin number listed, some have had the wrong vin listed.
She violated some government procedure? Oh well!

The 17 digit VIN was created from the SN & Government ID#. I will never have a problem with it. I have a titled vehicle that will have valid plates and a VIN that matches what's stamped in the dash plate. I'm more worried about spontaneous human combustion than having an issue with registration of my Deuce.

Mitchel, the way you put it, It actually seems easier to do it with the SF-97!
I didn't care how difficult it was to fill out a SF-97. I wanted the title ASAP. It took me about 1.5 hours off work including driving and waiting at the SOS twice... something you'd likely have to do once anyway. You have two choices: get the title shipped to you in under an hour, or wait a month, spend an extra $45.

I am cheap, and I prefer instant gratification. The choice was easy for me.

It's up to you.

harleyrkc

Minus the rain and wind on Tuesday, the recovery went as well as can be expected. I have new or nearly new rubber almost all the way around, however one of them is flat. The cab tarp is seperated from the little plastic piece that attaches to the windshield, I've already got a local canvas shop thats going to put it back together and when I told her what it was she just said they have a $20 minimum. So I'm not real worried about that cost. I am however missing the middle rod that holds the cab top up. Batterys were dead as expected but the truck started right up with a jump from Joe, but the brakes were out so I had it towed the 60 miles home. We left it running so I could drive it back to my shop behind the house. New batterys were installed today with a little modification to the battery hold down clamp to make some room for the lenght of the new ones. I'll figure out how to bleed the brake lines this weekend and it should be road ready after a full maintenance.

And for the icing on the cake, when I pulled back the tarp on the bed today I found out I have troop seats, there was a full set of spare bows on the floor, and a huge heavy duty tarp of some sort that I haven't unfolded to look at yet.

The first pic is from the GL lot and the second is at home.:jumpin:

Attachments

mattg2448

Ok, so when you fill out the sf-97, does it charge the credit card right away? we filled ours out a week or two ago and still no charge.. By the way harley, very nice truck! How was the ride?

Preacherboy

Matt, I've always been charged for the SF-97 pretty quickly. If you haven't and it was 2 weeks ago I'd get on live chat and find out.

Very nice truck! and cool to here about all the "extras"!

maxxplanck

Good for you Harley, nice looking truck. Ok, I just got the Duece fever about 6 weeks ago and missed out on the Selfridge Duece sale .( that sucks ) I would like to know if in the next few years there will be another Gov. sell off of Dueces in Michigan ( I hope ) Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks