• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

Preacherboy

Gene, no notes on 5632, but 5657 started and ran, but we immediately shut her down because of what my dad called a "bad exhaust leak", it has heat, bows and cover in the bed, a full tool box (which by the way I need a threaded jerry can spout if you don't need yours and want to sell it), the lights work and the tires are ok. My dad really liked the truck until he was fumigated out of the cab.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
32 per my notes - decent appearance, serviceable tires, electric wipers, firm brake pedal.
57 per my notes - newer paint, servicable tires, firm brake pedal
which one didn't you want? Neither one are bad enough to become parts trucks. IMO

bigmech

Anyone want a couple that have clean Michigan titles that have been checked out and driven over a thousand miles? Both came from Gaylord sale. One just needs a speedo. $2900 each with hardtops. Just got a letter fron IRS saying my Moms estate that was supposed to be protected in a trust was taxable in 2008 when she died. I'm hosed.

Preacherboy

Anyone want a couple that have clean Michigan titles that have been checked out and driven over a thousand miles? Both came from Gaylord sale. One just needs a speedo. $2900 each with hardtops. Just got a letter fron IRS saying my Moms estate that was supposed to be protected in a trust was taxable in 2008 when she died. I'm hosed.

bigmech, there were some guys on here that wanted to get trucks at the Selfridge sale, but weren't able to. So you will probably get a bite on the trucks. Put them in the classifieds here too, your price sounds fair enough.

miltruckman

Lew, here are my notes.

5632: Hard cab, Side racks & soft top on back, has heat, New radiator, good looking truck, good engine, Almost cranked over(battery low), good seats, good brakes, good oil, good body, good tires "bid" (you must have out-bid me)

5657: Hard cab, soft top on back, good seats, good paint, heat, good engine & radiator, good body, good brakes, good tires.

Bill

miltruckman

5617: Hard top on cab, canvas cover and side racks on bed, Runs, heat, original radiator, tries to crank
(batteries just too low), nice shape, good seats, good brakes, good oil, good body, good tires.
(Bid) looks like you outbid me.
Bill

Preacherboy

5617: Hard top on cab, canvas cover and side racks on bed, Runs, heat, original radiator, tries to crank
(batteries just too low), nice shape, good seats, good brakes, good oil, good body, good tires.
(Bid) looks like you outbid me.
Bill
That is the one my dad wanted! He said he wanted it real bad, I asked, "How bad?" He said, "Go up to $2,500" I said, "You must want it bad."

I got my slave cable made up, so just waiting on the euc.

kastein

Initially that was the plan, but the more I read the more I was unsure about it. This is my first truck and I really don't want to go through the learning curve on the side of the rode. Now that might change if someone with some experience wanted to help me make a recovery. But most guys on here have recommended against it.
unless you rebuild everything you are going to worry about as soon as you get it, you're learning on the side of the road at some point. I say drive it... and that's having had a belt blow up, shred my tach cable, temp gauge never worked so I didn't realize in time, overheated it for far too many miles on the highway, had to put new belts on it 180 miles from home and continue driving it. It made it home and a few hundred miles more after that before the head gasket started leaking, after that it made it another few hundred miles before it blew out completely and it's now sitting at the FD in Mount Vernon NH waiting for me to get parts to fix it. Luckily one of the crew members up there (who is on here, and owns an M35A2!) and a good friend of mine from my jeep club have both offered to help fix it, so I should be spared the ~50 mile tow bill getting it home...

I would still do it again. I'd just smack my idiot friend who was supposed to warn me if something went wrong, he saw the chunks of belt flying everywhere but I kept driving so he figured all was fine! :evil:

Get someone to ride shotgun with you, have them drive your vehicle home as a "chase vehicle". Have the TMs and whatever other info you think you might need, plus a good set of tools and spare fluids on hand. Tag along with someone else driving another one back if you can. If anything goes wrong, find out where your nearest advance auto parts or NAPA is!

Lawrence of Arabia

EUC Approved

OK, so I got a call from Joe that my EUC was approved today and I'm picking them up Thursday. I can't be the first one. Has anyone else been there to pick theirs up?

Preacherboy

Matt, unfortunately plan on waiting a long time for your first time. My first one was cancelled because it went over 60 days, then after that the 2nd took about 30 days and then they have all been about 2 weeks since then. I have submitted 6 euc's this year.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gotta stay away from this forum, shouldn't take much longer for first timers...?

Can't wait for the recovery story's!
yeah quite a bit longer for first timers some been going 60 plus days and gl was waving the 60 day requirement but if it doesn't come through in 60 days contract gl for extention good luck

Truckie

KASTEIN-
Let me know when you get the parts and I will give you a hand. I will be unavailable this week (on travel), but will be able to assist this weekend... I have tools and can can get air compressor/power to support any repair at the station. PM me if you want me to help. ( BTW it is Mont Vernon)
Hope all comes together for you-
She is still there and looks lonely!

kastein

Awesome, will do! I don't think I'll have parts on hand by this weekend but we'll see. The other guy who has offered to help out is John (not sure of last name) and is the guy with the Cherokee. I'll definitely bring the beer for this event and can help you with your transmission whenever you are ready as we discussed on Saturday!

I really should stop sidetracking this thread though :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks