• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

Lawrence of Arabia

Recovery

Brought home my 3 Deuces from Selfridge today. Took my Deuce, Tow Bar & Slave Cables. All started & ran, but one had no brakes, so we towed it home.

Side Note: Security Guard at front gate could not figure out why 4 civilians were coming on base in a Deuce with no Military ID. He asked what was in the back. I told him 2 guys and some tools, check it out. He comes back and says, "Those guys can't ride back there". He also looked at the truck and said, "what is this"? He works on a Military base and has never seen a Deuce or troops riding in the back of one? He called someone higher up to see if we could go on base with 2 guys in the back. He then came out and said to proceed.

Attachments

Preacherboy

Brought home my 3 Deuces from Selfridge today. Took my Deuce, Tow Bar & Slave Cables. All started & ran, but one had no brakes, so we towed it home.

Side Note: Security Guard at front gate could not figure out why 4 civilians were coming on base in a Deuce with no Military ID. He asked what was in the back. I told him 2 guys and some tools, check it out. He comes back and says, "Those guys can't ride back there". He also looked at the truck and said, "what is this"? He works on a Military base and has never seen a Deuce or troops riding in the back of one? He called someone higher up to see if we could go on base with 2 guys in the back. He then came out and said to proceed.

We saw you driving in then (in the tan deuce) while we were driving out. A lot of recoveries happened today and yesterday. Joe said someone drove out 11 yesterday! They must have had 11 guys riding in the back!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Wish you would have gotten there earlier!
I had to move your brakeless truck to get mine out, (with Joe as the ground guide)
It was a 10 point turn to get it out too! (could have done it in less but I was taking NO CHANCES,) let it warm up, evicted bees and checked for leaks too.
man my arms hurt!!! oh and that lock on the wheel, what a ball buster!
I left it in the open for you.

Hope you secured that convoy light so it didn't roll around and break.

That was me in the Cherokee with the two on the transport truck.
had to let the air out of all 10 tires to get that tall one within height restrictions.

Sorry no pics, my kid took the camera the other day.

Preacherboy

Bob, thanks for letting us use your air hose, we got home all safe and sound. My dad is pretty pumped, another one is hooked!

We were waiting and watching for you guys to pass us on 75 north in the "fast" semi truck.

harleyrkc

Ok..... which one of you lucky sob's did I see north bound on I-75 around lunch time today. I caught one duece north bound in front of Great Lakes Crossing followed by two duece's on a flatbed. :drool:

Preacherboy

we were on I75 north, but Bob must have been quit far behind us with his 2 trucks on the step deck.

These trucks are pretty simple recoveries because they were previewed...check fluids, jump start, check lights and brake function and then drive home!

harleyrkc

Looking good. I see your very close to me Preacheboy, any chance I can pestor you for some help getting my duece on the road after I get it home? Or maybe I just stop by your place for the crash course on these things.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks