• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge Deuces

hcso1988

My dad is a Sheriff here in Indiana and that's basically what he told me as far as Indiana IC code goes. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't violating any laws on the way out of Michigan. I plan on getting there as early as they will allow so I can see what I'm getting myself into.

goldwing2000

Banned
From what another guy said there will be absolutly no working on these trucks in the lot.

Also, from what I understand from the previews there was a guy with you every second, so I doubt anything will come up missing. Plus it is a major offense to theive on a military base. I think you will be pretty safe...if good old laid back Joe was there you would have time to work on your truck.
We're already planning to use Wal-Mart as a repair lot. Just do enough to the trucks to get them off base (Air in the tires, free up the parking brakes, etc) and then go over them better later. Of course, if they let us do minor stuff on the lot, so much the better!

When we were there previewing, there was a whole group of people there at the same time and only two GL employees. If it's the same situation during loadout, I can see things "growing legs".

Oh, whoever got 5608, it has a complete new cargo top kit (still in the crate) in the bed. Plus a full set of pioneer tools (in rough shape). Nice score! [thumbzup]

As far as the EUC, GL has really stepped up their game in recent months. I wouldn't be surprised if we're all cleared before the end of the month.

harleyrkc

We're already planning to use Wal-Mart as a repair lot. Just do enough to the trucks to get them off base (Air in the tires, free up the parking brakes, etc) and then go over them better later. Of course, if they let us do minor stuff on the lot, so much the better!

When we were there previewing, there was a whole group of people there at the same time and only two GL employees. If it's the same situation during loadout, I can see things "growing legs".

Oh, whoever got 5608, it has a complete new cargo top kit (still in the crate) in the bed. Plus a full set of pioneer tools (in rough shape). Nice score! [thumbzup]

As far as the EUC, GL has really stepped up their game in recent months. I wouldn't be surprised if we're all cleared before the end of the month.
5608 is one of mine. "Running Condition Unknown" but i'm strangely at ease with that. I don't think any of these trucks are going to have much trouble in the running dept. seeing as they were all driven on to the lot less then three years ago. As for the box in the bed..... I had assumed it was a hard top, but a complete cargo top kit is just as good.

And yes I was told in no uncertain terms there will be no working on the trucks on base. I've been previously told we can check fluids and add if needed. For those wondering, Joe was canned. The new guy isnt' going to let to much get by him. The goodies should be safe.

Editted to add: 5640 must not have been a winch truck..... I don't have anything on it.

digitaldust

just as an FYI if anyone is needing help in the I75 I475 I69 area I have a service van with 5500 watts 110v , 20 ton jack and extra 900x20's , Air compressor , impact tools much more too list
also gated storage free to SS members not far from freeways
Good luck with the trucks safe travels.

I also have a wrecker with iffy brakes :)
eight one zerrr0 five 77 three five 24 is my number I live on call and can be reached 247 365 for a MV owner in need

Last edited:

harleyrkc

just as an FYI if anyone is needing help in the I75 I475 I69 area I have a service van with 5500 watts 110v , 20 ton jack and extra 900x20's , Air compressor , impact tools much more too list
also gated storage free to SS members not far from freeways
Good luck with the trucks safe travels.

I also have a wrecker with iffy brakes :)
eight one zerrr0 five 77 three five 24 is my number I live on call and can be reached 247 365 for a MV owner in need

Stop it..... I'm tearing up here T'Man.

BTW.....Did you catch the thread from the fuel pump supplier. I know your looking for one.

goldwing2000

Banned
5608 is one of mine. "Running Condition Unknown" but i'm strangely at ease with that. I don't think any of these trucks are going to have much trouble in the running dept. seeing as they were all driven on to the lot less then three years ago. As for the box in the bed..... I had assumed it was a hard top, but a complete cargo top kit is just as good.

And yes I was told in no uncertain terms there will be no working on the trucks on base. I've been previously told we can check fluids and add if needed. For those wondering, Joe was canned. The new guy isnt' going to let to much get by him. The goodies should be safe.
That some consolation, anyway. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything is intact when the day comes.

My full notes on 5608: Rusted hard top; sprag t-case; glad hand inflator in tool box; dual gun rack; new top kit in bed; pioneer tools; push-button light switch. Also, I think it had a non-springer seat. Hope you don't have too far to drive. ;)
Which other one did you get?

digitaldust, you are a gentleman and a scholar! I'll definitely be putting that number into my contact list!

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get insurance before you leave the lot!

Good luck on your recoveries.

maxxplanck

Hcso1988, my last EUC only took two weeks, and the new GL guy " Tom " did a good job of walking around to minimize theft. Let us know when your EUC clears and your planning to recover you deuce. If you do plan on driving it home have a back up plan just in case, theres alot of good SS members on your way home that can lend a hand.

Last edited:

harleyrkc

That some consolation, anyway. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything is intact when the day comes.

My full notes on 5608: Rusted hard top; sprag t-case; glad hand inflator in tool box; dual gun rack; new top kit in bed; pioneer tools; push-button light switch. Also, I think it had a non-springer seat. Hope you don't have too far to drive. ;)
Which other one did you get?

digitaldust, you are a gentleman and a scholar! I'll definitely be putting that number into my contact list!
My other truck and the one I was really after is 5603. 5608 was a little more rough then I wanted but I was after what I had assumed was a hard top new in the box.

harleyrkc

Does anyone posting in this thread actually know someone with a towbar. It sounds like quite a few of us aren't that far from each other. As for helping each other, it will just depend on when our EUC's clear. Myself I plan to drive my one truck home and will need to tow the other. I'm hoping to borrow a tow bar and I'll have my father following in our company service van (lots of tools). I plan to pick up a new set of batterys, cable repair ends, and plenty of fluids before going down.

BTW.... my work is slowing down so I may be available to help others recover vehicles. But being in a service industry it'll just depend on what and when calls come in.

Preacherboy

There are many guys in MI with towbars...just not sure if they want me lending out their stuff for them!

Start pm'ing guys from MI and see if they will let you use one.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a heavy towbar (not a medium) with the correct adapter feet to tow a deuce that i would let people use. i have plenty of spare time to help out :-D

hcso1988

The hope is that my EUC will clear the same time as the rest of you and I can be there the same day. Then maybe a few of you vets can help me the rookie out. If not I'll have to find a transportation company. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be road worthy for a trip home.

goldwing2000

Banned
Sure glad I had the 2 I got last year at Selfridge hauled home. No regrets.
Kanga Roos Transport out of Holly, MI did it for me.
How much dd that run you?

I just got back from picking up a medium tow bar up in East Jordan, so I'm pretty much all set for my recovery. I just need to go through the brakes and make sure everything is still 5-by-5.