• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge Deuces

maxxplanck

Well I'll be on the east side of town Friday to visit family and to help Hcso1988 recover his deuce, it should go well. I'll take pics. Darkhumor glad to hear it worked out good on the, tags/reg/ Ins

Heath_h49008

Recovered 5627 Yesterday. All it needed was a jump start. Brakes, lights and all fluids checked good so drove it home. Ran perfect the whole way home. Insured, registered and tagged it today. Could not have gone any better.

Special thanks goes to maxxplanck.
I've been searching threads for data from other people here in Michigan as to how you registered your M35A2 and how you plated her. I see some go farm, some normal truck, a few commercial (non-farm), and some historic.

I got an insane quote for PLPD from Farm Bureau, and need to lock down the best cost for a deuce that will work occasionally like a heavy pick-up for the family, as well as pull parade duty.

Sorry if this is a thread jacking, but you guys are doing it right now, and will have the most current information.

I can't wait to see some more pics of your trucks when you all get them recovered!

goldwing2000

Banned
For occasional use / parade duty, Gulfway insurance and historic plates is the way to go. In fact, if you can find a set of plates from the year your truck was made, that's the best route. One-time registration of like $35 and you're good for life. You should be able to find a set of plates on eBay. Don't know what year your truck is but I have a set of1968 plates that I could part with. If it's a year with front plates, be sure you get them both.

Edit: What did Farm Bureau quote you? That's who I have mine through and I'm paying $700 a year for PLPD and Comp (no collision). For my usage, it was the best deal.

Last edited:

hcso1988

Well I'll be on the east side of town Friday to visit family and to help Hcso1988 recover his deuce, it should go well. I'll take pics. Darkhumor glad to hear it worked out good on the, tags/reg/ Ins

I just wanted to first start by saying thank you to maxxplanck, I cant thank you enough for your help. It was a complete cluster but I would of been 100x worse had you not been there.

Let me give you a quick run down of the day. Left Indy loaded up with enough tools and fluids to totally rebuild the truck if needed. Had rain all the way unfortunately. Got to the base at 10 and right into DRMO (after a REALLY REALLY sad and pretty much useless inspection by the security personnel but I wont get into that). The truck fired right up with a jump from Tom. Also Tom is one **** of a guy. He got me in contact with 2 wreckers and was nothing but help and full of laughs. He is a great dude for sure and I hope to deal with him again some day. Basically long story short no brakes. I knew this going into it but there was a plan to get it to a storage facility to try and bled them to get it home. No storage lot was very cooperative (theres another story about that but it just made me really angry, so again, I wont get into it) so I ended up having the wrecker tow it to their facility pending a truck driver to come and get it. Ill post pictures from the "adventure" in a bit. 11 hours of driving on 4 hours of sleep has me a bit on the loopy side at the moment.

Again, thanks for everyones advice and help and especially thanks to maxxplanck.

Heath_h49008

For occasional use / parade duty, Gulfway insurance and historic plates is the way to go. In fact, if you can find a set of plates from the year your truck was made, that's the best route. One-time registration of like $35 and you're good for life. You should be able to find a set of plates on eBay. Don't know what year your truck is but I have a set of1968 plates that I could part with. If it's a year with front plates, be sure you get them both.

Edit: What did Farm Bureau quote you? That's who I have mine through and I'm paying $700 a year for PLPD and Comp (no collision). For my usage, it was the best deal.

$1080.... every six months. No tickets, no accidents.

I was a bit surprised.

goldwing2000

Banned
$1080.... every six months. No tickets, no accidents.

I was a bit surprised.
Wow. Well, if you want to call my guy and see what he did differently, his name is Rick Eder and he runs the Chelsea branch. The only reason I'm even mentioning it is because Gulfway may not like the "heavy pick-up truck" usage. If you just want to get on the road and don't much care for the consequences of restricted usage, then Gulfway is definitely the best choice if you don't have a garage big enough to put the truck in. If You DO have a big barn or garage, then any of the other specialty insurance companies will also be fine (Hagerty, JC Taylor, etc).