• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shelter to Camper Conversion....

RAYZER

Excellent work sir! The bow slats on the bed is a great idea.
This shelter is 14.5' long? That's some good space!
I would like to see some exterior pic's of the shelter.

59apache

Chipmaker
thanks at all!

Ray, your own work set the benchmark.

I trial to make a clean and rugged installation. it was a lot of work, removing the old installation, ( felt 100.000 rivets :lol: ), fill the holes with bondo, sanding, fiberglass wallpaper, paint with concrete colour....works very well.

Now its halftime.
Missing:
shower, benchseats, heater, electric, lights, ASO

59apache

Chipmaker
i've made a cabinet for the gas bottle, from outside accesible gas-tight to the inside.
the wood is painted with liquid plastic, all seams are sealed.
And with a large vent hole on the bottom.

Attachments

59apache

Chipmaker
progress

next chapter...eletric & lighting

plan: furniture spots (they called Moebelleuchte in german) they are original made for lighting in display cases with LEDs instead of halogen bulbs...

in dibond (alu plastik sandwich) panels

first i have to make brackets....
step 1 lasercut brackets
Halter1_WEB.jpg
step2 make a punch & die
Abkant1_WEB.jpg
bend
Halter2_WEB.jpg

panels & brackets
Halter3_WEB.jpg
Halter4_WEB.jpg
Lichtband1_WEB.jpg

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
more...
Halter6_WEB.jpgKabelsalat_WEB.jpg

i want to switch the last 3 lights separate and all together so i mount this diode.....in a fuse holder:-D
Lichtband2_WEB.jpg
switch at the bed
Schalter  bett_WEB.jpg

LIGHT!!
Licht_WEB.jpg

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
under the bench...
fuse and GFI for 220V , socket for battery charger, switch between "shore power" and inverter
Verteiler_WEB.jpg

pure sine inverter 1500W con. 3000W short, battery charger for gel charging and powersupply , distribution box
LG+V+SW_WEB.jpg

CombatVet

That is excellent work you have done. Very well planned and executed. You inspire me to achieve such quality work and detail in my future MV RV build. I am subscribing to follow your progress :)

59apache

Chipmaker
the cable is welding machine cable, very flexible and easy to install. a single wire is only 0,2mm thick!
Kabel.jpg
cable lugs are crimped on, not soldered. soldereds loose their flexibility and tend to break.
Kabelschuh2.jpgKabelschuh3.jpgKabelschuh.jpgKlauke1.jpg

stay away from car audio cables, their often CCA that means copper clad aluminium cable, you can hardly tell the difference from looking, only the weight tells.

and it has much less conductivity......

sorry for the pics, camera makes no better ....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks