• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Should be kinda fun. Wheeler Dealer is doing an episode on a Humvee on 2 Jan.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the GP site and who was that GP rep? Drives me nuts when they let buyers pull parts off of other people's trucks that are waiting for EUC clearance etc. Looks like Yermo. Oh and looks like anyone can drive up there and buy a truck at retail?

seca954

What was the GP site and who was that GP rep? Drives me nuts when they let buyers pull parts off of other people's trucks that are waiting for EUC clearance etc. Looks like Yermo. Oh and looks like anyone can drive up there and buy a truck at retail?
I assumed the site was in Europe and that the rules were different there. It did look like the USA though. Freight back to England and paperwork must have been ridiculous.

mdes0

Wheeler dealers moved to California. Notice at the end they sell it to some guys from another country, think it was the Netherlands. Thought it was illegal to sell these outside the US...

Videris

What do you mean pull parts off of other people's trucks that are waiting for EUC clearance? I hope you're not saying that auction won vehicles in Yermo that have not been cleared to be picked up are free to be scavenged for parts by others that just show up there to buy? Is that what you're saying?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Internet alert, details are wrong and the panic ensues.... :jumpin:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you mean pull parts off of other people's trucks that are waiting for EUC clearance? I hope you're not saying that auction won vehicles in Yermo that have not been cleared to be picked up are free to be scavenged for parts by others that just show up there to buy? Is that what you're saying?
I'm saying that is what happened in that episode. They needed parts for the $12,500 basket case and the wheeler dude went to the site rep and came back with take off parts. If that is not a GP lot, who has 100's of HMMWVs for sale with GP stickers all over them?

Videris

I'm saying that is what happened in that episode. They needed parts for the $12,500 basket case and the wheeler dude went to the site rep and came back with take off parts. If that is not a GP lot, who has 100's of HMMWVs for sale with GP stickers all over them?
Man I hope that crap doesnt actually go down.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's television, these days you can't trust the news channels, let alone a reality show.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1:14 into the vid, he says he knows a licensed dealer.

I didn't hear him say he was buying from an auction or from gov planet.

I'm calling my governor!!!

aua

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They test drove it out in the desert after fixing it and before buying it...

Most bases do not allow working on them, test driving or film crews.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They test drove it out in the desert after fixing it and before buying it...

Most bases do not allow working on them, test driving or film crews.
It's GP's off site storage lot, where sold HMMWVs go for the 6 month EUC purgatory. Hopefully jwade will post up and tell us the whole thing was scripted (like you said) and no cannibalizing is allowed under penalty of death.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, why did he say he knew a dealer, and not an auction site.

Why did he say he was test driving it before committing to buy?

None of what he said or did jives with a GL auction purchase. None of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks