• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show me your Bobbed M923

Lextreme

I have been thinking for my second MV. Perhaps a daily driver. Bobbed 923 with large single. If u have pics that would be great....

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
We just finished one last week,I will get pics.Look under 5 ton forum hotrodding,Appels bobbed 923.There are some pics of another one I did.

350TacoZilla

If you dont mind photo chopped pics i have couple, I just got a m923 for sole purpose of bobbing it into nearly standard pickup size. I'm thinking a 9' or 9'6" bed somewhere in there, I did do couple of cut and pastes with SS members trucks including one that is about 8' bed and its not bad looking if just a bit short. I also did one using a 931 wheelbase I think its a 7' bed or so.

IMG_0340 - Copy.jpg20121214_145612 - Copy.jpgIMG_20120208_164342 - Copy.jpg

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I like the flatbed....easy to add a gooseneck hitch and use my lowboy trailer.

I also know where there is a small twin boom Holmes wrecker bed I can get cheap.......I'm thinking of getting a M931 to bob and I like the idea of having switchable beds.

If I did a 5 ton bobber I'd put air ride on the rear.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks good! Are you just rotating the backing plate one set of bolt holes to get the air cans to clear the rear springs? I cannot find the answer to this question for the life of me, its like its top secret information.

goldneagle

I would not ruin a good m923 with a bob job! There are lots of M931 out there that can be used. The M931 go for a lot less $$$$. Put a M105 bed on it.

jatonka

923 8112 full dress 5.jpgHere are some pics of my XM923 A4. Modeled after an FWD HAR 1 there were about 7000 issued during WWII as a 4 Ton truck. 12 foot deuce bed, removed spare tire and davit and crooked muffler. Best driving shorty of the 6 I have done. Expect to drive it to Alaska June 2013 with my M109 body on it.923 4x4 6.jpg

350TacoZilla

I would not ruin a good m923 with a bob job! There are lots of M931 out there that can be used. The M931 go for a lot less $$$$. Put a M105 bed on it.
there are also tons of m923's being cut up for parts and scrap so someone bobbing theirs isnt a waste. If you wanted to keep tandem rears a 931 is right length to start but if you want a true bobber with 1 rear axle then the 923's wheel base seems about right. I also dont agree with the 105 bed and done idea since the beds look just little on small side most of the time, Jcappeljr's ended up looking pretty nice with trailer bed but looks like he lifted bed a bit to match up better.

350TacoZilla

did you leave a section of frame under it or something? it looks like there is a separate piece of tubing above frame and under bed supports that I havent see on bobbed pics before. here is a pic of 923 with trailer bed sitting on top of frame vs yours, looks like the bottom of your bed is level with bottom of cab almost not stepped down like other one.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks