• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Mayor Joe

I just posted a thread asking about how the XM1061E1 trailer would work for hauling a 1944WC52 (5500lbs.) behind my deuce. Seeing you photos gives me hope. I want to use the trailer to pull my WC to shows, etc., but was wondering how it would handle behind the deuce. Can you share your thoughts? Thanks.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Your Handling would be fine, like its not back there. Remember the deuce's legal combined highway load is 10,000lb (bed) plus 10,000lb (towed, though a few were 12,000 towed, check you data plate) The TM states that 45mph is the max allowed speed but I have found that 55 is comfortable.

The M818-A1 (5 ton) is 20,000 (bed) plus 30,000 (trailer).

fasttruck

Make sure the tires are correctly and evenly inflated, the brakes are evenly adjusted and the air lines are corectly hooked up and the valves opened between the truck and the trailer.

M920

Ok....there are a bunch of very nice trailers out there guys! Thanks for all the posts.
I have been trying to find an M172A1 lowboy trailer to haul my BR400+ snowcat on. Does anybody has one that they are willing to part with or know where to get one? Any pointers would be great.....

Thanks Soni

Here are some pics of some of my towed iron..... (a friend of mine says that I have a "Trailer Fetisch"....how ridiculous is that?!?):beer:

P.s. Ooops.....I think there might be a "Stowaway" that snuck in....

Attachments

Last edited:

fasttruck

M172 ? They come up on GL lists from time to time. Most are 40 years old. Straight air brakes, 24 v only lights, reversable king pin for 2.5" or 3" fifth wheels, ones in NE typically have rotten floor boards. Need deep 1.5" socket to get inner lug nuts off. Has double nuts but not like a M 809 series. They are frequently sold without ramps or a spare tire. Tires are usually 10:00X15R.Aforementioned ramps weight 300 pounds each and using them is a character building exercise.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok....there are a bunch of very nice trailers out there guys! Thanks for all the posts.
I have been trying to find an M172A1 lowboy trailer to haul my BR400+ snowcat on. Does anybody has one that they are willing to part with or know where to get one? Any pointers would be great.....

Thanks Soni

Here are some pics of some of my towed iron..... (a friend of mine says that I have a "Trailer Fetisch"....how ridiculous is that?!?):beer:

P.s. Ooops.....I think there might be a "Stowaway" that snuck in....
Soni (aka M920) -

GREAT pics :jumpin: and Quite a collection :shock:

May I be so bold as to suggest that you post that STOWAWAY pic over on this Calendar Girl/Guy Thread..... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/57747-mv-calendar-girl-guy-photos-thread.html

Congrats and carry on, SteelSoldier.

[thumbzup]

jdgreen

Banned
Someone out there bought Miltrucks Lowboy M295.... I would like to see some detailed photos of the dovetail. Someone better post it up. That is an order! Ooops, PFc's don't issue too many orders. Please post some photos.
Been searching for a link to this same trailer by miltrucks. Can anyone post up or point in right direction for pics?

Thanks

70deuce

My 28 foot Dorsey flat bed. Data plate missing so can't tell what model it is. Dayton wheel hubs. Wood deck. Late 1950's maybe?? It had the old style trailer socket on it if anyone out there could help with an ID of this guy.

Attachments

jdgreen

Banned
Pics are out there, he sold the unit to someone in W VA.
Yea I believe you. I just can not seem to find the thread with them in it. Was hoping someone. Had a link to them.

Mainly what I'm most interested in is what type metal he used for the cross bars and spacing for building the underneath deck. I have a chassis and want to make a deck eventually on it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks