• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1951 LaCrosse Model DF6T-33F Trailer built for the Navy Dept. Just picked it up, so
now the fun begins!

Nice find!

Where was that pic taken? Looks alot like the north side of Alamogordo, NM to me.

My mother-in-law lives between your area and Alamogordo - Have to look you up next time we're out there.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Miltrucks trailer

Yea I believe you. I just can not seem to find the thread with them in it. Was hoping someone. Had a link to them.

Mainly what I'm most interested in is what type metal he used for the cross bars and spacing for building the underneath deck. I have a chassis and want to make a deck eventually on it.

Eric is a great guy and might give you some ideas if you pm him.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1968 Southwest M750 Repair Parts Storage Semitrailer pulled with my M818.

It used to have shelving inside, but that was removed. Here it is camping in Payson, AZ.

Attachments

1954 m269 wrecker lowboy . I bought it from a salvage yard worked on it for a year and a half and added the rear ramps . also had to add a winch to my m52a2 . it has worked out real nice to have the ramps to be able to haul what I need to haul .

Attachments

rwbrown72

1954 m269 wrecker lowboy . I bought it from a salvage yard worked on it for a year and a half and added the rear ramps . also had to add a winch to my m52a2 . it has worked out real nice to have the ramps to be able to haul what I need to haul .
That is a cool trailer... I hope to find something like it as well. Congrats! [thumbzup]

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cougar.........I thought you were a highly educated person!!!! Even a Hillbilly like me
knows what that funny box is. It is a "FEILD EXPRESSO MACHINE"
popacom / BILL in KY.rofl

Nice find!

Where was that pic taken? Looks alot like the north side of Alamogordo, NM to me.

My mother-in-law lives between your area and Alamogordo - Have to look you up next time we're out there.

You are correct Sir! That was exactly where the photos were taken. I purchased the trailer at Basin Pipe & Metal (Larry Berry's place). The trailer
had a 150KW genset mounted on the bed and came out of the University
in Las Cruces NM. One of Larry's partners wanted the genset but wasn't
interested in keeping the trailer. So I was able to get it pretty reasonable!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks