• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

rebel5909

This is my latest trailer m200 with a Deuce bed in this pic the bed is just sittin loose on the trailer with a 4x4 block holding it up. I don't have a more recent pic but now the bed is sitting down lower in the rear I had to weld supports under the trailer and then I bolted the bed down to the Supports

Attachments

Last edited:

rebel5909

I can get more pics and have them on here in the next couple of days I would say it has about 200 pounds toung weigh. I know I wont try to lift it by myself but three of us did the other day. I centered the bed right over the axel

m880 unimog

here,s an unusual one-

2003-

built in switzerland for the british army.i believe to hump a generator.

MESA TRAILER CORP.

stowable drawbar , walking beam axle , 17.5,s +spare , air brakes on palm couplings , weight -2.4 t-gtw-5.2t. manual [for now] hydraulic tail lift. it came with a steel demountable framework and a fitted rubberised canvas.

got a few wee jobs to do on this-can,t wait. at the moment it has my UAV control station pod on it. so i cant just yet weld the chequer plate platorm tops on, or start work on the ramps.

just like to add-we towed this around 120 miles with my UAV pod on,the pod weighs 2.2 t,she tows like a dream.

Attachments

Last edited:

rebel5909

usafss-coldwarrior here are the pics you asked for. i welded 3 supports (4"x6" angle) across the frame under the original brakets that held the bed to the truck and then bolted thru those bed brackets into the angle. the reason i did this is because the trailer frame is wider then the bed frame so i had to have a crossmember to sit the bed on
if anyone is interested in it i would sale it or may trade for something of the same value

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you put any weight in it to see how much it squats? I know those trailers are STOUT, but I am getting ready to make one and wasn't sure how high to space the bed from the trailer frame.

rebel5909

I have had 4 or 5 hundred pounds in it and I couldn't even tell it moved so I would think it would take quite a bit for it to hit but just in case you could allways build you some bump stops

rebel5909

On flat ground if you back up and try to jack knife it the trailer toung hits the rear bumper beside the pintle hitch and the two beds are about a half in apart so its close but doesn't hit. If you wanted more room you could slide the trailer bed back a lil farther before you bolted it down but pulling mine foward with the truck turned all the way they never come close I haven't had it off road but I wouldn't think I would have a problem

Last edited:

unclemikey

Went from a M-105 A2 to an MKT-90 set for cargo. It is like a M-105 on steroids. Bigger, all four sides fold down for access, taller, levelling feet. and best of all less weight. Mine has the roof set not quite all the way up for travel. Once parked can raise up about 12"+. Can still stand without hitting my head. As it is being towed by my truck ( Camper ), makes a good wind block and tows just fine. Looks a bit funny, but really works out very well.

Attachments

Mav2u

Went from a M-105 A2 to an MKT-90 set for cargo. It is like a M-105 on steroids. Bigger, all four sides fold down for access, taller, levelling feet. and best of all less weight. Mine has the roof set not quite all the way up for travel. Once parked can raise up about 12"+. Can still stand without hitting my head. As it is being towed by my truck ( Camper ), makes a good wind block and tows just fine. Looks a bit funny, but really works out very well.
New to the forum as was looking at all the cool trailers to get ideas for my m101 I want to purchase.

I really like your rig setup. The camper in the back of the Deuce is a great idea.

Could I see more details of the setup? The inside, the trailer inside and stuff.

Thanks,
Mav

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks