• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

jets1959

It was a simple job.
I bought a 2" weld on receiver and cut a hole into the rear cross member to slide it into.
bridged the tube to the second crossmember and welded it up.
I then bought a 7 blade plug and drilled a large hole in the crossmember and bolted it in.
Wired into the 101A2 taillight harness and it works great.

I use the receiver for a bike rack too.
I needed a 6" drop bar to keep things level.
It towed great and rolled smooth.
Looks like a mod I will have to do to mine for sure. Just have to figure out a way to reattach my rear support leg! Thanks!!!

admiralking

M105A1.jpg
I just bought a similar M105A1 trailer. Any suggestions on a method for lifting the top without 4-5 able-bodied men?

Also, Is there a tailgate ladder designed for this unit?

Finally, I'm intrigued by the 1" square cutouts above the fenders which are 21.5" apart. Are there attachments which mount into those holes?

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdmiralKing,

That top appears to be a custom rig maybe unit made in the field. The other m105 that have metal tops are taller and can be moved up and down in the corners. Your rig is pretty unique.

The holes are for the fence sides that slide into those slots and the bows for the canvas top slides into pockets in the fence sides. Look at any m105 or m105a2 pictures here on ss or the web to get an idea. The tm manual for the m105 series can also be downloaded here but it will not address the top you have.

There is no ladder on the tailgate like on the much later m105a3 series. I am not sure if there is an "official" ladder but I have seen some for other trailers/trucks used since the height is the same as the m105 is a tall trailer. I think the m109 and some of the van trailer ladders would work but tend to be pricey and pricey to ship.

Good looking find!

Last edited:

admiralking

Thanks Juanprado! I don't think this is a custom trailer because there were many others in Barstow at the govliquidation.com lot. Here are some more pictures...

IMG_1358.jpgIMG_1350.jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 395404
I just bought a similar M105A1 trailer. Any suggestions on a method for lifting the top without 4-5 able-bodied men?

Also, Is there a tailgate ladder designed for this unit?

Finally, I'm intrigued by the 1" square cutouts above the fenders which are 21.5" apart. Are there attachments which mount into those holes?
I've got one of those. The method of lifting is w/ a jack in the center (I'll dig up some photos). Because there are no guides in the corners, or anywhere, when it gets lifted it kinda tips (like you would expect lifting something at only one point in the middle).
I'm going to change mine to a four point lift. Prob w/ air. Here's a link to mine M105 Hardtop

The ladders are shorter than the ones on the 109 and such, something like 3'.

Those cut-outs are on all 105's, . . . we don't know why :)

P8050008.jpg P8050009.jpg P8050012.jpg

admiralking

Thanks LowTech! I ordered some long ram jacks on Amazon.com and now, thanks to you, I have a great plan to fabricate roof-ridge mounts.

I noticed the photo with the pin shows OD green instead of desert camo. Did you repaint your trailer? If so, please pot new pics interior/exterior.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did paint it. That's all in the build thread that I linked to.
Haven't done anything new since then. Still putting most of my work in the She Beast, though I did get a few things for the Draggin' and will need to work on them before departing again this winter. ;)

admiralking

image.jpgimage.jpgHas anyone tried using polymer glides to keep hard top from binding?

i use them for table saw glides and think they might work to keep corners from binding.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's an interesting thought. I was just going to use wood strips, . . . but now you've got me thinking of alt's
On mine the corners have a line of rivets that make doing both sides of the corner almost impossible.

You should prob start a new thread about your trailer, then we could go on about it for hours, days, weeks, . . . even years (unless you work faster than I do ;)

admiralking

That's an interesting thought. I was just going to use wood strips, . . . but now you've got me thinking of alt's
On mine the corners have a line of rivets that make doing both sides of the corner almost impossible.

You should prob start a new thread about your trailer, then we could go on about it for hours, days, weeks, . . . even years (unless you work faster than I do ;)
Ha-ha. Nope. Slow and steady on the weekends.

I buy these glides on Rockler http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1580&site=ROCKLER and cut them to size for woodworking jigs. If cut thin enough, they could prevent the rivets from scratching the walls so badly. Beats grease, right?

two.fiveM35

Here in my former M1102 that I sold. The guy painted it, and looks great

SORRY,can not figure out how to attach pic from iPad. And unable to find the delete post button.

Last edited: