• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Another Ahab

One day it broke the right rear track stabilizer ( 3" solid square steel) so my father called in a local mobile repair guy in to fix it. He drove up in an M35 deuce that had a maintenance body on it with all his tools and cutting torch and welders on it. I though that was the coolest thing I had ever seen !!! Three years later I went to trade school in Arizona and still had plans to start up my own repair business when I got enough money saved up. !
Your eyes weren't lying; it DOES sound like the coolest thing imaginable; for sure. :driver::naner:

rustystud

Your eyes weren't lying; it DOES sound like the coolest thing imaginable; for sure. :driver::naner:
I often wonder what ever became of the repair guy and his truck. I've never seen anything like since except in the Marines. You would think there would be a demand for this type of repair vehicle for all the machines that break down in the woods. I guess since the logging industry took a nose dive in the 1970's (spotted owl thing) and most of the bigger logging concerns are in Canada now there is just no demand. I guess it was a good thing I never tried it or I would have been out of business years ago. Still it was a good dream !

rustystud

Rusty, pretty sure Ahab had a real sweet maint deuce setup. Don't you remember the thread?
Actually I don't remember, but I was referring to a truck I had actually seen in person. I've seen many pictures of nice maintenance trucks but only a few that I could touch.
Hey Ahab, do you still have any pictures of your truck handy ? Just to refresh my memory. :-D

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Rusty, pretty sure Ahab had a real sweet maint deuce setup. Don't you remember the thread?
gimpyrobb, I'm impressed; you got a memory like a steel trap! And you're a good man to call the set-up sweet. It was a plan, but it didn't come together how I wanted. Stuff happens.

But I'm working on Plan B. "Climb, though the road be rugged".

Another Ahab

Actually I don't remember, but I was referring to a truck I had actually seen in person. I've seen many pictures of nice maintenance trucks but only a few that I could touch.
Hey Ahab, do you still have any pictures of your truck handy ? Just to refresh my memory.
Wish I did, rustystud. But, no, I don't sorry. The whole enterprise kind of unravelled on me, so mostly I try to forget about it. aua :mrgreen:

joshuak

Wish I did, rustystud. But, no, I don't sorry. The whole enterprise kind of unravelled on me, so mostly I try to forget about it. aua :mrgreen:
Not trying to open old wounds, just trying to share a very sweet set up, fun read and good pic's. Also, I'm hoping plan B is working better than expected for you.

Couldn't it be found using the search engine? Shouldn't the pics still be on this site?
Yep, it could. A whole thread on the matter.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119264-A-Rising-Phoenix-Proposed-Re-Purpose

Now, can we get back to trailers please? :)

IMG_1261.jpg

Replaced 37's with 30's, goofy but it works.

Another Ahab

Not trying to open old wounds, just trying to share a very sweet set up, fun read and good pic's. Also, I'm hoping plan B is working better than expected for you.
Absolutely, it's all good!
And I appreciate your good will, Brother; hoping that everything is going well for you and your Sweetie. :beer:

gottaluvit

Oh, on topic. Here's the rest of my trailers from front and rear views. The M332 and the M101A2 is hard to see in rear view and one of the tan M105A2s is not visible in the front view. The M1082 is at home still attached to my M929A2 in my driveway. She's my baby.

20160630_131039.jpg
20160630_195000.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Oh, on topic. Here's the rest of my trailers from front and rear views. The M332 is hard to see in rear view and one of the tan M105A2s is not visible in the front view. The M1082 is at home still attached to my M929A2 in my driveway. She's my baby.
That's an excellent trailer collection, gottaluvit.

It looks like you could start an MV trailer museum, even. [thumbzup]

gottaluvit

Thanks Ahab, I kinda went a little overboard, but I will give them all a little love as time permits. Might move a good portion of them if and when some hard times come. They are inevitable. I just mowed behind them today and will be getting it all mowed where they sit next week. Grass=rust.

rustystud

Sorry to hear that Ahab. :( I just finished reading your truck post Ahab. That would have been my dream truck ! I guess some dreams are not meant to be but there is always something else to take it's place. As I'm in my "elder" years I've been looking back at my choices in life. At one time I was offered a chance to enter "West Point" military academy due to my brothers military career and my state senator who was running for reelection and needed some good publicity.
I turned them down ( I know I was just a stupid senior high school student) . Later when I was in the Marines I was offered a chance at Annapolis for officer training. I again turned them down. I didn't want to commit to 6 more years of service. There has been other equally life changing events I choose not to pursue. So just a little while ago I was talking with the wife about what my life could have been and she looked straight at me and said I wouldn't have had her or my son if I had chosen any of those things. She was right of course. I have had a good life and the choices I have made have shaped me into the man I am today, the good and the bad. In the end it is all good !

Last edited:

hotcorner216

purchased a m101a today and the guy threw in another trailer, he didn't know much about either...not really sure what the other trailer is as far as specs, and it's use in the military, it's rough but pretty cool...once done it'll mostly be pulled by my m1009...anyone have info on it? I searched Google and the forum and didn't find anything

all that was on the placard was...

The Transport Products Company
Cleveland, OH
order No. 3153-16
model No. S38y2423
date 3-56

Attachments