• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

harleyhouse

If elkay12 can have batteries I guess it is alright that I have propane.
I am slowly making a camping trailer. The hard way. It will have a water tank, stove,
hot water for a shower system, a roof top tent and other items for a weekend of camping.

Attachments

elkay12

harleyhouse / i used trailer for tailgating and beach / the vents on front are for 1000w generator (quiet ones) i had enclosed in sound proof box (installed a exhaust fan so not to overheat) could hardley hear it / had maxed out stereo system (no one could drown me out) had grill mounted to back tailgate / had water tank with pump / lights / DC and AC connection / could haul all my tents, chairs, corn holes, and anything else needed / would also get great complements on trailer / sold it for profit and now have since sold a m101A3 / i am relay interested in finding a pioneer tool trailer / if you see one let me no

Xerofall

If elkay12 can have batteries I guess it is alright that I have propane.
I am slowly making a camping trailer. The hard way. It will have a water tank, stove,
hot water for a shower system, a roof top tent and other items for a weekend of camping.

Where did you get the propane tank holder?

harleyhouse

Propane tank mount

After searching for a mount and finding expensive $60.00 and above tank mounts I drew up a design and made it at work. Made from 1/8" x 2 3/4" steel plate, two clevis pins and a 14" rubber bungee strap.

I measured for my bends and had it formed at work, drilled holes for the strap pins and mounting holes and welded it together. it is held to the trailer with 1/4" bolts.
The top bolt is longer to lock the tank to the hanger with a nyloc wing nut.

Painted and mounted on the front of the trailer to provide gas for my Griswold three burner camp stove and gas grill.

I also added 1 1/4" receivers mounted under the tub for mounting table tops for cooking, an umbrella, and bike rack on the rear.

Here is my build blog:
Just purchased a Military trailer to build a family hauler

Attachments

elkay12

harleyhouse i had propane also i used for my grill and i had a small propane heater that win i had my canopy up with 3 sides installed it was very nice and a lot of people would get up under it when weather was not perfect / smoke was no problem on my grill i just installed some dryer vent on exhaust and extended to outside of canopy and grill gave of heat to) harleyhouse i say do what you want on your trailer its yours / i had tires and rims to match my F250 until i found that i need bigger ones on beach / i could let the air out those 38 inch ones and pull anywhere on sand

harleyhouse

No, My last name is Harley!
I do like your bikes though.

If I ever bought a motorcycle I would need one with a side car, I take the girls with me all the time, We are very family oriented.