• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

hole

Hundy, great pics and thanks for posting them! It was an awesome trip( exept for alittle wind and afore mentioned little bastards on go cart) made new friends, had a minor hangover remembering an old one( Mike) . Cant wait to do it again!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somebody from the California delegation needs to invest in a SEE. You could dig some traffic control ditches for the aforementioned go cart idiots.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just string a winch cable across the line they are driving. They will get the point quick. Worked for us at Haspin 2 years ago.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some of mine. I like the winch cable idea, we'll try that next time.I wasn't upset about the noise, just the dust. We all knew it was the adults egging the kids on. Azzhos breed azzhos I guess. We put so many rounds thru the SKS, it shook the rail mount loose and also the rings came loose. Holes 30.06 had more muzzle flash than the Garand...he needs a muzzle brake..the tailgate and hoist in the back of my truck would ring every time one was squeezed off with that thing. Djfreema's little girl is a trooper. She had her ears on, and just said," I'm gonna go take a nap now" and crawled up in hs truck and was out, even with all the gun fire! Floyd's truck is very clean. I was gonna scoot under it to check out the dual brake system, but I just wasn't motivated enough due to the breeze we had. Yellowbronc's "RV" is sweet! Hundy has given me "deuce envy" The bob works great. He's a smart guy and does good work. Devin's truck looks awsome with the A3 wheels. I think this event needs to blossom into a full 3 or maybe a 4 dayer, too many things to do, lotsa places to drive to, and I have alot of different ideas in my head..poker runs, a timed race of some sort, maybe an obsticle course, tire changing...if I never have to do another one, it will be too soon! Goofy little things. Anyway, here are some more pics. Can't wait 'till the next one!

Attachments

600 mile round trip wheeewwww! Im bringing dry erase pens next time to play tic-tac-toe on the inside of the windshield....lol

I made it back. Will Thanks for making sure we all made it there ok.

Had a great time, Im up for the longer trip next year!!

Devin, thanks for the red rock canyon idea, great stop on the way home.

I will post a few pics later, but it looks like most of the event was covered already.

GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!!!

Nice meeting all of you.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I cant wait for the next trip and I promise I will stay more than 24hrs next time! Just bad timing with the new baby and the wife being sick. I tried getting Will's fire walking picture but there was too much delay on the camera. Did you hear about the guy that was killed on Saturday while we were out there? ATV vs. vehicle I think. My daughter had a great time and my other daughter cried when she saw the "ducie" was gone without her, getting them trained early. Will, I'll take another shirt, I'll pick it up when I deliver the coolers either this or next weekend.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only larges left, but they will be here if you still want one. The fire was HOT! Didn't melt anything though. Nathan, beach trip when it warms up?

Beach trip...I will be going all winter as well, in fact, this next weekend I plan to roll the duece out there.
I will try to see if I can arrange a trip when the weather is optimal though.

It would be great to get a trip out there! Let me know if you do any Gorman runs too.

Nathan -
Beach trip? Hmmmm. Haven't tore up Pismo since I was 40ft off the deck in a Piper Comanche. Scared the Beejeezuz outa the clam diggers. :wink:
Ya know, I think I know that Will Wagner guy.

There is all kinds of Off Roading in and around Red Rock and Dove Springs. Store close by as well.

There is talk of another get together in Nov or December at the MV bone yard out in Fontana.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Red Rock is a cool place, but the BLM is heavy there. I got a ticket...$150.00 worth... for beaing 3 feet off a "marked" trail. Don't ask. Absolutly NO grey area there. It is OK on a motorcycle, but I wouldn't want to do big trucks there. The burro Schmidt mine is there...cool place. Site B would be cool for the big stuff. 30 or so miles north of Kramer Jnt, on 395. I HATE going the bros. I spend money I don't have :(

Jetnoise400

You guys should make your Fontana bone yard run over the xmas holiday time... I say that selfishly because I'll be in Victorville for xmas and maybe I could go :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks