• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

hole

I got a pm from him last week with his new address ( gotta send him a ck while I'm thinking of it) and he said to have a good time, didnt sound like he was coming.Busy day, got two truck loads of concrete to pour here at the house, but Piglet will finally have her own driveway! Spent a few hours over the weekend getting ready, most of which were spent putting on cargo cover by myself aua

hole

I got a pm from him last week with his new address ( gotta send him a ck while I'm thinking of it) and he said to have a good time, didnt sound like he was coming.Busy day, got two truck loads of concrete to pour here at the house, but Piglet will finally have her own driveway! Spent a few hours over the weekend getting ready, most of which were spent putting on cargo cover by myself aua

100dollarman

I have a few of days work this week, then going to get ready and hopefully be out Fri nite.

I won a bid on some 50cal ammo cans that I HOPE to pickup this week- Everyone who shows up this weekend will get a free one if I get them in time!!! Let me know if anyone wants any extra ones- $10 ea.

Sat - wheel. shoot, Slash x, camp fire. Sounds good. Maybe we can get a run in and get lunch at IN N OUT on Sunday? That would be cool to convoy to IN N OUT!

Whats the truck/ head count so far? Lets start a list--

1. Hundy and crew

Hi Gang,

Decided to come up for air. Well I didn't decide, I finally had a moment to check in.

I have been waaaaaay too busy trying to get the new house ( a duplex so twice the work!) finished for the new tenant to move in and my wife and I to move into from the old house. I have the 3 houses on the same property. That meant getting the old house ready for the new tenant there as well. Oh, and working 2 jobs to boot - Sheesh! Can you say tired.

Well I have finally moved in a few weeks ago but still have some final touches to make like landscaping and shelves in the closets, pantries, and bathrooms but it isn't a fire drill anymore.
Sure have missed ya'll. I want to thank Will for checking in a couple of times. Nice to know that there are a few people out there checking in on ya and watching your backside. For that I am thankful.

Soooooo! Ya'll going campin in the desert?! :drool:

Sure would be grand this time of year. Cool evenings and not so hot days.

Will, you mentioned a new SKS. Are you going to a place that allows shooting now? Now I am really jealous.

Devin,

If you need a great place to have tires changed try

Pinky's Tire Service
2878 Sherwin Ave
Ventura, CA 93003
(805) 642-0622

They do it all from semi's to Pettibones to large John Deere Tractors - split rims and all.
They even have a mobile service and I carry a card with me in the Deuce just in case. You may check to see if they are mobile in your area since there is a large contingent of trucking on I-5 by you.

Hey Mike,

I didn't know you moved to a rainier (and Ranier) place! I remember you talking about relocating but dang I was hoping it was out this way to Simi Valley that you mentioned. Now you won't need that Class B CDL that you busted your hump for. They don't require it in Washington State. Did you drive you truck up there or did you ship it?
There is a group of SS members in and around the Portland, Oregon / Vancouver, Wa. area. Great group of guys. I have had a few PM's with MilitaryRestoration as I will be relocating to that area as soon as the housing market comes back here.

Here is a link to a few of them: http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=262221&highlight=#262221

I will be a little more regular around here now that I have some breathing room on my time schedule. I am looking forward to that get together in November/December in Fontana so I can get the items needed for my Deuce Bobbing. I haven't driven it in over 5 months!! Started it up over the weekend and let it run for 45 minutes. Sure sounds nice whistling away!! The Deuce was just begging me to take it out for a stretch of the legs.

To all the rest of you guys, have a great and safe time and everyone return home without incident.

Take a good shot of the compound from one of them hill tops with all the wagons in a circle.

Have fun and drink a barley pop for me!!! :beer:

Gary

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Im still in. Have been having a heck of a time with these A3 wheels. Finally figured out how to break them down, its not too bad of a job but it leaked after I put it all back together so its gotta come back apart. I'm still planning on coming out Friday with Yellobronc but might still be rolling on my 9.00-20's at the rate I'm going. Gary, sorry you cant make it, hopefully next trip. Thanks for the tire shop info, there are only 2 tire shops that work on this stuff out here and I refuse to back to one of them, the owner is an absolute crazy nut job jerk who wanted to fight me and kicked me out for asking him for change to tip one of his employees and the other shop wants too much money for something I can now do .

hole

My wifes doctor called, fortunately she has a sprained mcl, no tears !The thought of surgery had her pretty bummed, so she's really relieved she just has to wear a brace for a while! Looks like I'm in for sure now

Floyd

Gary: Glad to see you're alive and well. Sorry you can't make it, hope to see you at the next Fontana meet.

Devin: If you have any more coolers left, throw in a set for me.

Floyd

Devin, I forgot...........I'll take one of them cooler box sets as well. I'll pick up at your place next week sometime.
Yeah, Pinkey's is a pleasure to deal with. He stocks tubes and flaps as well.

Yeah,I'm bummed I won't make it. Every weekend booked until Nov. Humbug.
Heck I'd make the drive in a civy vehicle for the day just to have a cool one and shoot the breeze and any non living targets. Ok, so I'd bust a crow, jack, or a coyote if they presented themselves. :twisted:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gary, we will head out of the Stoddard Valley OHV area to the east side of the 15 for the lead disposal. Good to see you up here again, sorry you can't make it to the dez, maybe the spring trip? Floyd, Are you gonna hook up with Devin and Yellowbronc, or head out the 58?
Let's see,
Hundy & crew,
Floyd,
Devin,
Yellowbronc,
Tyler,
Hole,
Myself,
Tony,
Dave Mendoza,
Wayne with his unimog..one day, maybe,
Jon T, for a day or so,

I think I'm forgetting some people..CRS!

3 days and counting.

Floyd

Will: If you and Tyler are going to come up the 15 through the pass I'll meet you guys at the 138 turnoff. If not I can meet devin and Nathan on their way out. What ever works.

Floyd

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll call ya to let you know when Will and I leave. Tyler is getting back in town around 1000 and still needs to pack. My boy has a test in auto and Spanish. Still don't have a definate departure time.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Natha, Get with Floyd asnd see how he's comming down. As for scales, Iusually drive by with no issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks